The Student Room Group

Just had my second driving test - Failed, here's why.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by quasa
4th attempt dude!!! but the guy who failed me for my first attempt was also the guy who failed my 3rd attempt

ahh, well 4th is never bad as it makes you a much more safer driver, you learn, but when you've been failed for silly reasons then it's so frustrating >:frown: I better get this on my 3rd go.
Original post by mrpopodopalaus
Serious was according to the sheet pedestrian crossing, see when HE braked, the car stopped over a pedestrian crossing before he made turn right... Yep. Sucks

This doesn't sound right at all. I'd be contacting the test centre about this to be honest.
ahh, well 4th is never bad as it makes you a much more safer driver, you learn, but when you've been failed for silly reasons then it's so frustrating >:frown: I better get this on my 3rd go.

I will say this though, I failed theory 6 times as I couldnt time hazard perception properly
Original post by quasa
I will say this though, I failed theory 6 times as I couldnt time hazard perception properly

I failed twice on theory before I could get it because I kept making very silly mistakes, it was always on the multiple choice I did badly.
Original post by iEthan
This doesn't sound right at all. I'd be contacting the test centre about this to be honest.

I agree, I think I'll have a chat with my instructor to be honest cause he was baffled and all.
Trust me, going straight ahead would have made for the better option even if I missed my turn because there was a giant lorry taking up the middle and right side of the road so my view was very obscured. I would have been taking a chance turning right to be completely honest. All I tried to do was carry on straight and he stopped me, told me off that I was going off track. The road I was continuing on was a normal road :/ that was my serious. Approaching too fast on a junction.

Was the lorry moving on or moving on shortly? Part of turning right is knowing how to wait for the road to clear whilst stopping and indicating right... maybe you should have been doing that?
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Was the lorry moving on or moving on shortly? Part of turning right is knowing how to wait for the road to clear whilst stopping and indicating right... maybe you should have been doing that?

No, because my intention wasn't to turn right as I assumed I had finished following the first set of instructions he gave me, but the lorry wasn't moving as he sat there picking people up. The examiner then slammed the breaks in the middle of the junction and then said this is your turn were are you going? If I had carried on there would have been no hazard it wasn't a one way road or anything.
No, because my intention wasn't to turn right as I assumed I had finished following the first set of instructions he gave me, but the lorry wasn't moving as he sat there picking people up. The examiner then slammed the breaks in the middle of the junction and then said this is your turn were are you going? If I had carried on there would have been no hazard it wasn't a one way road or anything.

OK. It's hard to tell from just reading your explanations if he was being a bit random and was annoyed with you or something, or if there was a genuine issue he wanted to draw to your attention. I had to do several tests before I passed and I found the examiners were firm but courteous, so it's a bit surprising if he was just acting out anger at you. Hence the questions to see if there is some other explanation.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
OK. It's hard to tell from just reading your explanations if he was being a bit random and was annoyed with you or something, or if there was a genuine issue he wanted to draw to your attention. I had to do several tests before I passed and I found the examiners were firm but courteous, so it's a bit surprising if he was just acting out anger at you. Hence the questions to see if there is some other explanation.

Honestly I think he was acting out of anger, I had him my first test, I was nervous as heck, I stopped at secondary traffic lights because I was really nervous that day and my brain processed red lights, stopped. He then kissed his teeth after why you stopping here for thats not your light. I was in the wrong but the way he says stuff is rude and off putting. Second time round he had that same attitude putting me down for forgetting to turn right.
No I didn't signal or anything because my intention was to go straight ahead. How does the appeal process actually work, if I need to pay anything I probably won't as I've heard sometimes no change comes out of it.

On the back of your sheet with the faults on it, there should be something to appeal. This examiner is either a trainee or just stupid for breaking over going the wrong way - better to give it a shot than to waste your money
Original post by tcameron
On the back of your sheet with the faults on it, there should be something to appeal. This examiner is either a trainee or just stupid for breaking over going the wrong way - better to give it a shot than to waste your money

Thanks, I will do
Bear in mind that an appeal will not change the test result, but if successful you may get the next test free of charge. The sooner you appeal the better, your test report is held at the driving test centre for a couple of years with additional notes from the examiner that may help show the cause of the fail.
If that was literally all it was for, he was in the wrong there. I went the wrong way in my first test and while the examiner obviously was a bit pissed off at me, he didn't mark me down for it. He did though then fail me for something else which I after 3 years of driving still think was questionable as did my instructor upon explaining it to him in detail, so he got his own back on me in the end :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending