The Student Room Group

TSR crushes

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MountKimbie
That reinforces my point. The sort of person to 'develop a crush' on somebody without meeting them is either a teenager/inexperienced with relationships, or weird

:u:

You changed your point after I replied to you. Your first point was that the person is weird. Not that the person is a teenager

Anyway no point arguing - it's clear neither of us will convince the other
Develop a crush on me based on what though? Surely things like a persons mannerisms, how they articulate themselves (in spoken word), their thoughts, expressions etc all matter? Things you can only really gauge by meeting in person?

Sorry it just seems ridiculous.

If I told my family "Oh I have a crush on this girl I saw online because she looks hot in a tiny avatar picture" they'd be seriously worried.

I think we have different ideas on what a 'crush' constitutes...

IMO, the point of a crush is that it is purely materialistic, and therefore as little as knowing what someone looks like can lead to a 'crush'.
Original post by steph-carys
Why? Is a crush not simply a form of infatuation, driven materialistically by sexual attraction?

I think it's pretty normal tbh

Thank you!!!
Original post by Student403
You changed your point after I replied to you. Your first point was that the person is weird. Not that the person is a teenager

Anyway no point arguing - it's clear neither of us will convince the other

We're not arguing. Just discussing. I didn't change my point as such, just added to it. And teenagers are weird :P

I think we have different ideas on what a 'crush' constitutes...

IMO, the point of a crush is that it is purely materialistic, and therefore as little as knowing what someone looks like can lead to a 'crush'.

Materialistic? Expand on this?
We're not arguing. Just discussing. I didn't change my point as such, just added to it. And teenagers are weird :P

Pretty sure she meant physical.
Original post by ByronicHero
Pretty sure she meant physical.

Same, but she used it twice so I'm a bit confused..
What do you look like? :holmes:

just a caring human being if that's enough :tongue:
Original post by fatima1998
just a caring human being if that's enough :tongue:

Na, I'm not on that. Sorry. :tongue:

Same, but she used it twice so I'm a bit confused..

I think if you make the mistake once then a second or third time in quick succession is likely. we've all done it :smile:

Original post by Blondie987
Does anyone know why the anon thread got taken down?

Probably considered an abuse of the function or some other nonsense.

What I mean is that there is no spiritual connection. It is based off physical attributes only, rather than there being a deeper meaning than that.

I think it's very much within human nature to see someone we find attractive, and fantasise, and get carried away.

But I do agree that it's a little more odd the older you get, because obviously when you're a teen hormones are going just a lil' crazzyyy

I think if you make the mistake once then a second or third time in quick succession is likely. we've all done it :smile:

Probably considered an abuse of the function or some other nonsense.

Thanks, that's annoying I had a mention in there but I didn't see it in time lol

i think i dialed a wrong number
sorry :lol:
Lol yeah materialistic probably isn't the best word to use
Thanks, that's annoying I had a mention in there but I didn't see it in time lol

Ask yourself though, do you really care? Having weird people mention you in derpy threads is the kind of validation that you really don't need, and probably shouldn't want :lol:

Original post by fatima1998
i think i dialed a wrong number
sorry :lol:

Girl you are never getting my number :nope:
What I mean is that there is no spiritual connection. It is based off physical attributes only, rather than there being a deeper meaning than that.

I think it's very much within human nature to see someone we find attractive, and fantasise, and get carried away.

But I do agree that it's a little more odd the older you get, because obviously when you're a teen hormones are going just a lil' crazzyyy

But physical attraction goes much further than what somebody looks like, especially via a picture. A picture isn't always an accurate representation of what somebody truly looks like. Some people look quite different in person. For better or for worse.

The day I develop a TSR crush is the day I'll quit this site and never come back.
Ask yourself though, do you really care? Having weird people mention you in derpy threads is the kind of validation that you really don't need, and probably shouldn't want :lol:

Weird people :P
But physical attraction goes much further than what somebody looks like, especially via a picture. A picture isn't always an accurate representation of what somebody truly looks like. Some people look quite different in person. For better or for worse.

The day I develop a TSR crush is the day I'll quit this site and never come back.

I get what you're saying, but I do think that for some people, having a few conversations with someone online and seeing what they look like is all it takes to feel physically attracted to someone.

Anyway, you have your opinion and I have mine, so I'll agree to disagree :smile:

Girl you are never getting my number :nope:

I don't even know if it was anything relating to that but I was just curious to see what they said anyway
I get what you're saying, but I do think that for some people, having a few conversations with someone online and seeing what they look like is all it takes to feel physically attracted to someone.

Anyway, you have your opinion and I have mine, so I'll agree to disagree :smile:

It must be so easy for young people with that mentality to get laid, if that's all it takes.
Does anyone know why the anon thread got taken down?

No, but I'm annoyed because I got tagged and I wanted to interrogate the anon who tagged me :frown:
*Sigh* That escalated quickly! :rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest