The Student Room Group

S6 Course Choice

Would I be better doing AH chemistry, biology and French, as well as Higher Spanish, OR AH chemistry and biology and Higher English and Spanish?

I'm doing Higher chem, human bio, French, maths and physics, and am expected to do well in them.
3 advanced highers and a higher is a lot. However, it depends on what you want to do once you leave school and what you get in your highers this year. Despite English being awful, a surprising number of courses require/prefer it, so think maybe about doing that.

Alternatively, ignore everything I have said and take the subjects you like best!
Although on the face of it 3AH and 1H seems harder, I wouldn't say that it's necessarily going to be the case in terms of workload. Do whichever you feel you could do better in. I.e. if you're very good at French, take it to AH.
Original post by Science_Girl
3 advanced highers and a higher is a lot. However, it depends on what you want to do once you leave school and what you get in your highers this year. Despite English being awful, a surprising number of courses require/prefer it, so think maybe about doing that.

Alternatively, ignore everything I have said and take the subjects you like best!

Haha. yeah, English at N5 was bad enough. I don't need it for the course I want to do, but my family believe it's necessary - traditional poop. Thanks! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by scottishguyy
Haha. yeah, English at N5 was bad enough. I don't need it for the course I want to do, but my family believe it's necessary - traditional poop. Thanks! :smile:

**** Higher English then, I've never done it and I never will. I'm sitting on 5 unconditionals for Computer Science, Maths and Artificial Intelligence, do what you enjoy and explain that to your family. As that's what 6th year is about. If they don't understand that then just tell them outright that you're not doing it and taking another subject would be far more useful, which it would be. Hope this helps, just quote us if you need anymore advice 👊

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending