The Student Room Group

I failed an assignment and my university doesn't offer retakes

I am in my first year and for one of my modules I failed an assignment and my university doesn't let you retake it, what should I do?
If you passed the module, but failed an assingment, you cant retake. As long as you passed the module it's fine, just move on from it, it's only first year
Reply 2
Original post by LiquidGold
If you passed the module, but failed an assingment, you cant retake. As long as you passed the module it's fine, just move on from it, it's only first year

I haven't finished the module yet. So if I take the exam but fail the module because of the assignment, will I retake the assignment or the exam?
Original post by loya61
I haven't finished the module yet. So if I take the exam but fail the module because of the assignment, will I retake the assignment or the exam?

You'll retake the assignment. You cant retake assignments/exams that you pass (unless due to extenuating circumstances). The reason you cant retake the assignment yet is that you ony need to pass a module overall, it doesnt matter if you don't pass all the individual assignments/exams.
Remember that any retake is capped at 40% for the overall module if you fail it i.e. Even if you got 60% in an exam and 15% in an assignment the first round (assuming weighted equally), your module score will be capped at 40% anyway, so all you would need to achieve is 20% in the assignment) thus it is in your best interest to do as well as you can in the exam, as this is the only way you will achieve 41% or above.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending