The Student Room Group

What was your friends' reaction when you lost your virginity?

^^^

When I lost mine they laughed and congratulated me. I was wondering, what was your mates' reaction?

Scroll to see replies

I don't think I ever discussed it with them.
Never told them as soon as it happened, but the fact that I was no longer a virgin was brought up in later conversations.
I'm going to categorise here

White friends- Kept on gasping "No you didn't" again and again.

Asian friends- About a week after I told them we had an assembly on teen pregnancy and they kept on poking me from the back and asked when the baby was due. And they kept on giving me STD leaflets :colonhash:

My Asian friends were actually more curious about how it was. Their parents were pretty strict on that kind of topic so they asked me instead because I was easier to talk to and more open.
Reply 4
i never spoke to mine about it but the reaction i had when people knew i was a virgin (this was years ago and the reaction wasnt good!)
Original post by Lime-man
Never told them as soon as it happened, but the fact that I was no longer a virgin was brought up in later conversations.

Exactly.

i don't think it makes you less of a person and I dislike it when people use it to demean women, but it's pretty classless to go back to your guy mates and treat it as if you have just completed this grand conquest.
Original post by Feel Tha Bern
Exactly.

i don't think it makes you less of a person and I dislike it when people use it to demean women, but it's pretty classless to go back to your guy mates and treat it as if you have just completed this grand conquest.

I just think how insecure must you be to have to go seek validation from your mates after finding someone perfectly willing to share a bed with you.
'When will you stop calling your pets 'virginity' and lose them on purpose?'
I just think how insecure must you be to have to go seek validation from your mates after finding someone perfectly willing to share a bed with you.

It's pathetic, I wish I could rep you again.

I've noticed this with guys who aspire to be part of the "lad culture". If you lose your virginity, you're on your way to being a lad.

But yes, I completely agree with you.
Wheyyy wellin lllaaaadd lluuuuddddd luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurdd -

I was 52 at the time and these where my friends from my bowls team
[video="youtube;lQlIhraqL7o"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQlIhraqL7o[/video]

Heard quite a few lyrics from this.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I've noticed this with guys who aspire to be part of the "lad culture". If you lose your virginity, you're on your way to being a lad.

But yes, I completely agree with you.

the thing is though, if these boys wanted to be lads, then all they have to do is look up the definition of the word and realise that they already are lads, and then maybe they'd be a little more self assured.
the thing is though, if these boys wanted to be lads, then all they have to do is look up the definition of the word and realise that they already are lads, and then maybe they'd be a little more self assured.

I think nowadays lad= sleeps around, sneers at people in relationships, gets drunk all the time.
I think nowadays lad= sleeps around, sneers at people in relationships, gets drunk all the time.

Sounds like a brilliant life.
I'm going to categorise here

White friends- Kept on gasping "No you didn't" again and again.

Asian friends- About a week after I told them we had an assembly on teen pregnancy and they kept on poking me from the back and asked when the baby was due. And they kept on giving me STD leaflets :colonhash:

My Asian friends were actually more curious about how it was. Their parents were pretty strict on that kind of topic so they asked me instead because I was easier to talk to and more open.

LOOOOL this is exactly my kind of banta.. Gotta love Asian friends :giggle:
Sounds like a brilliant life.

Depends on the guy I guess. I know plenty of guys who would kill to find a girlfriend who understands them. I know a few who find relationships stupid because you only sleep with one person.

I'd say the latter are pathetic. If you want to have ONSs fair enough. But there's no need to slag off those in relationships.

Original post by Student403
LOOOOL this is exactly my kind of banta.. Gotta love Asian friends :giggle:

I know right. Love them to pieces for it.
Reply 17
Laughed and proceeded to ask me thousands of questions about what it was like :rolleyes:
Depends on the guy I guess. I know plenty of guys who would kill to find a girlfriend who understands them. I know a few who find relationships stupid because you only sleep with one person.

I'd say the latter are pathetic. If you want to have ONSs fair enough. But there's no need to slag off those in relationships.

I know right. Love them to pieces for it.

You're Asian...? :K:
Original post by donutellme
You're Asian...? :K:

Yes haha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending