The Student Room Group

Would you marry someone that doesn't share your religious beliefs?

Scroll to see replies

Yes.:h:
Maybe, if they were agnostic.
Original post by Indeterminate
Yep, not an issue for me.

I'm hardly the most religious person in the world but that's my view :bigsmile:

Okay, Mr Shahrukh Khan. :laugh:
Probably not, I would not be able to withstand their attempts to convert me. If they're not interested in converting me, then I am down with it.
Reply 44
Original post by spv
Funny thing, I didn't even realise they were atheists. In my brain, I associate Hindu, with Jain, thinking they were similar, but they're kinda not.

Lmao that would be awkward:

spv: So you're Hindu, right?
Girl: No, I'm Jain.
spv: Aah it's a similar thing. Come, let's go the Laxmi-Narayan Mandir and do aarti for our long married life.
Girl: Errrm..... we don't believe in God.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Okay, Mr Shahrukh Khan. :laugh:

But he's my Sharukh Khan:u::fight::flutter:
no
Yeah but not any hardcore religous types who turn holy after their dad tells them to grow up and disregards me as kuffar lol
Reply 48
Original post by nucdev
Lmao that would be awkward:

Girl: Errrm..... we don't believe in God.

Well, now ya do! :wink:
jk, they have jain mandirs don't they. Look at the oswal centre. Isn't that a mandir...

Spoiler

Yes if they're a deist/ not strongly religious, as an atheist I wouldn't want someone trying to convert me
As an atheist, the only logical answer is - no.

This is for many reasons, from personal preference to our mutual futures. First of all, the odds of me being attracted to personality of a someone who is not an atheist/agnostic or at least secular are very low. I'm not attracted to people who have blind faith in anything, no matter what it might be. I'm not attracted to people who base their morals on sayings and teachings of dogmas that are thousands of years old in some cases. I'm rational, logical and reasonable, which most religious people shun. Not to mention that I'm quite liberal, which is something that no major religion really is. It sounds terrifying to spend the rest of my life with someone who's sexist/homophobic/conservative.

Second matter is mostly to do with the fact that I want children, whom of course, a religious person would want to indoctrinate to their liking, which is something I won't stand for.
Probably not
In all honesty, no. Firstly because my parents wouldn't be happy with it, and secondly, because it'd (probably) cause conflict in the future.
Never ever.
Good question, yes I would! I might also support my partner in raising my children in that religion as long as we had agreed to offer a differing input on some things. I would not do this if they were unprepared for me to sometimes contradict their views to our children.
No. My partner would have to have the same beliefs as me on that front. I'm an atheist so I couldn't ever be with someone who is religious, even just moderately religious. I would only date a fellow atheist or an agonistic at a push.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Foo.mp3
:sad:

You also believe In christ
Original post by Des_Lumières
Good question, yes I would! I might also support my partner in raising my children in that religion as long as we had agreed to offer a differing input on some things. I would not do this if they were unprepared for me to sometimes contradict their views to our children.

thats quite a reasonable way to look at it :smile:
Depends.

I would refuse to marry a Muslim.

But I'd be fine to marry anyone of any other religion as long as they don't force it on me and they don't have a very strong view on religion.
Reply 59
Original post by AccountingBabe
Ummm I don't have a religious belief...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending