The Student Room Group

Right. My mum is a cow

First off I know everyone has their own issues to deal with but I've no idea wtf to do with mine or who to turn to because

1-my mum disowned me in Oct 2013 and I officially moved out in March 2014

2-Idk where my dad is, I haven't seen him since I was 12 and his family are c*nts

3-My mother's family are too far away and even if they were nearer, they're HER family, HER brothers, HER sisters, HER aunts, uncles whatever. They know/care about her more obviously. Plus she's told them things/lies about me over the years to justify the wrongs she's done to me that they've learned about (ie: asking them to take me from her some years ago and just going to them about other sh*t)

4-my real life mates for some reason look up to me so I don't want them to see me like this lol

5-my girl broke up with me a couple wks ago because I subconsciously took my anger out on her since I suppress sh*t all the time

so I turn to you

But here's the situation, long story short, brace yourself:

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

Original post by somesomebody
First off I know everyone has their own issues to deal with but I've no idea wtf to do with mine or who to turn to because

1-my mum disowned me in Oct 2013 and I officially moved out in March 2014

2-Idk where my dad is, I haven't seen him since I was 12 and his family are c*nts

3-My mother's family are too far away and even if they were nearer, they're HER family, HER brothers, HER sisters, HER aunts, uncles whatever. They know/care about her more obviously. Plus she's told them things/lies about me over the years to justify the wrongs she's done to me that they've learned about (ie: asking them to take me from her some years ago and just going to them about other sh*t)

4-my real life mates for some reason look up to me so I don't want them to see me like this lol

5-my girl broke up with me a couple wks ago because I subconsciously took my anger out on her since I suppress sh*t all the time

so I turn to you

But here's the situation, long story short, brace yourself:

Spoiler

I would say sit down with her,when she's in a positive mood and tell her how you're feeling and see what she says
Reply 2
and how do you live?
do you work?
where do you live?
Reply 3
So your family are a bunch of pricks? Join the club! First world problems.
Original post by TeeEm
and how do you live?
do you work?
where do you live?

What do you mean?

Yes I work, and I live on my own. It wasn't always that way though. For about a year I was jobhunting, hotel crashing and couch hopping. The next day is never completely certain. The issue isn't money (yet); it's being abandoned.
Original post by queen-bee
I would say sit down with her,when she's in a positive mood and tell her how you're feeling and see what she says

I think we're 10 years passed that kind of relationship but I'll see, thanks.
I know your parents have passed but it seems they loved you deeply, am i right?
I think we're 10 years passed that kind of relationship but I'll see, thanks.
I know your parents have passed but it seems they loved you deeply, am i right?

Yes the did,but I was also an only child
You have to understand that for a person to be so horrible, they've had horrible **** done to them although its no excuse. My mother is kind of on the same level but I live with her >.> I used to be so angry with her and hated her and everything she said was always so hurtful and her behaviour has affected my mental health in the long run, but then I realized WHY she was like that and although she's still horrible to me I'm a bit more tolerant to it now and I almost pity her. Her mother is an absolute monster and has abused her her entire life and to make matters worse her mother is still present and still has a lot of control over her. Sometimes you have to realise that its not that they hate you but that they have other issues going on that makes them act like that. No mother wants to disown their child for no reason.
Reply 8
i know I don't know you butttt don't call your mum a cow no matter what she does.

try to keep the peace the best you can for your younger sisters sake because she doesn't want to see you and your mum fighting and she's going need you around to take care of her if your mum doesn't treat her right either.

And also, just try to stay calm. Easy for me too say but see things from her side if it helps, her husband left her, money issues, trying to be a good mum but not being able to look after you properly... Etc but love her unconditionally and hopefully once you talk to her when she's in a better mood you can try to salvage what you have left.

Essay over :redface:
Original post by Anonymous
You have to understand that for a person to be so horrible, they've had horrible **** done to them although its no excuse. My mother is kind of on the same level but I live with her >.> I used to be so angry with her and hated her and everything she said was always so hurtful and her behaviour has affected my mental health in the long run, but then I realized WHY she was like that and although she's still horrible to me I'm a bit more tolerant to it now and I almost pity her. Her mother is an absolute monster and has abused her her entire life and to make matters worse her mother is still present and still has a lot of control over her. Sometimes you have to realise that its not that they hate you but that they have other issues going on that makes them act like that. No mother wants to disown their child for no reason.

Well you haven't met my mother. I mean look at this situation. It's ****ing stupid and by the way after she left for work I looked around like mad and found the money simply blown off under the dresser :colonhash:

Yet she could've looked for it but instead decided to go by default to I did something ****ed up. The things she's said, then getting violent when I'm trying to explain. She's always been like this since I was small and she does this to no one except me. She's demented.

I already know it's possible to love someone, especially in your family, and not no matter what treat them horribly; I've done it with my little sister and she's just my sister. I also try to forgive people and give them chances. I never resort to thinking horrible things first before letting them explain, if they're in my family or if they're a close friend or something. I could go on and on about sht she's done but look at how stupid and trivial this situation was. She must think I'm ****ing Terminator with no feelings or something.

Yes I have emotional issues for her, I've dealt with them worse when I was younger but I've come to not hate her and she just has deep seated hatred for me so whatever.
Original post by ZuluK
i know I don't know you butttt don't call your mum a cow no matter what she does.

try to keep the peace the best you can for your younger sisters sake because she doesn't want to see you and your mum fighting and she's going need you around to take care of her if your mum doesn't treat her right either.

And also, just try to stay calm. Easy for me too say but see things from her side if it helps, her husband left her, money issues, trying to be a good mum but not being able to look after you properly... Etc but love her unconditionally and hopefully once you talk to her when she's in a better mood you can try to salvage what you have left.

Essay over :redface:

Right so the squeaky wheel gets the oil; she's the nutty one but I should ignore how I feel, what I think, for her when she was completely in the wrong. I see. I just need to see how people outside the situation think and apparently I'm in the wrong when I'm not in the wrong :ahee: She gets away with murder simply for being a mum. You know her issues become mine. They were mine when I was younger. They still are mine because I have to deal with her shtty choices and the aftermath. Her husband left her, but he was my dad who left me. She has money problems but that means I went nights hungry. I'm over that now, I don't sit around in bed crying about that sht anymore but days like this I think it over, yes. Idk. :colonhash:
I could try talking to her but I've already done that. This was just an unlucky situation. For the money to be wet and so she won't believe it blew off the table. Even though sht dries :colonhash: And if I find it (I did find it) I mean she'll just think I am returning what I "took" out of "guilt" when truth is, the sht just blew off. It's small sht like this that ****s everything up between us. Yet as a teen I came home smelling like vagina and sex and weed, high and bloody froma fight, and she says nothing. She's weird as ****.
Reply 11
Right so the squeaky wheel gets the oil; she's the nutty one but I should ignore how I feel, what I think, for her when she was completely in the wrong. I see. I just need to see how people outside the situation think and apparently I'm in the wrong when I'm not in the wrong :ahee: She gets away with murder simply for being a mum. You know her issues become mine. They were mine when I was younger. They still are mine because I have to deal with her shtty choices and the aftermath. Her husband left her, but he was my dad who left me. She has money problems but that means I went nights hungry. I'm over that now, I don't sit around in bed crying about that sht anymore but days like this I think it over, yes. Idk. :colonhash:
I could try talking to her but I've already done that. This was just an unlucky situation. For the money to be wet and so she won't believe it blew off the table. Even though sht dries :colonhash: And if I find it (I did find it) I mean she'll just think I am returning what I "took" out of "guilt" when truth is, the sht just blew off. It's small sht like this that ****s everything up between us. Yet as a teen I came home smelling like vagina and sex and weed, high and bloody froma fight, and she says nothing. She's weird as ****.

Im not saying you're too blame. Definitely not. And I'm not saying your mum should be excused for what she's done. For a mother, her child should always come first no matter what happens and the child should be number one priority but for her to do that might mean something is going on with her and she needs you even if she is horrible to you.

I'm really sorry for what you're going through. Hope it helps. :redface: If not I'm sorry again
Original post by ZuluK
Im not saying you're too blame. Definitely not. And I'm not saying your mum should be excused for what she's done. For a mother, her child should always come first no matter what happens and the child should be number one priority but for her to do that might mean something is going on with her and she needs you even if she is horrible to you.

I'm really sorry for what you're going through. Hope it helps. :redface: If not I'm sorry again

Any bit counts, no worries x.
But Idk wtf to do for her anymore. I try to be honest and return the money but ok. All she had to was bend her big ass down and look around on the floor ffs.
Reply 13
Any bit counts, no worries x.
But Idk wtf to do for her anymore. I try to be honest and return the money but ok. All she had to was bend her big ass down and look around on the floor ffs.

Just be there for your younger sister.

And maybe she didn't think of the fan... People always assume the worst you can't fault her in that but accusing you yes you can....

But just be patient. Hard as that is but try your best. :redface:
Reply 14
hmm thats sounds like my life. are you sure we aint related? have the same mum?

(srs) i know what its like, pm me if you want to have a double way rant of feeling down :smile:
Original post by ZuluK
Just be there for your younger sister.

And maybe she didn't think of the fan... People always assume the worst you can't fault her in that but accusing you yes you can....

But just be patient. Hard as that is but try your best. :redface:

The fan was literally on tho :colonhash: lol
and I said, insisted, it's the fan! -___-

but whyyyy zuluk. Why do people assume the worst? She's my ****ing mum :sigh:

Yea...the only reason I speak to her is for my little sister :colonhash:
@CoolCavy thank you thank you thank you for contacting z33 for me!! :jumphug: she's helping a lotttttttttt <3
Cry much
@CoolCavy thank you thank you thank you for contacting z33 for me!! :jumphug: she's helping a lotttttttttt <3

:redface: well i didn't really do anything apart from tell you :rofl:
but np :h: :hugs:
glad it is helping :lovehug: x
Original post by CoolCavy
:redface: well i didn't really do anything apart from tell you :rofl:
but np :h: :hugs:
glad it is helping :lovehug: x

I had no way of contacting her thanks to the ban but now she's talking to me :yep:
oh wait yes she spoke to me first :toofunny:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending