The Student Room Group

Architecture 2016 Entry Applications and Offers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Francescopsq97
Congratulations! Getting into ththe Bartlett is really remarkable and you should be really proud of yourself! Hope I'll get to see you! I'll be interviewed on April the 12th. Hope that by that time there wI'll still be some spots available!

thank you I'm so happy, good luck
Original post by theocider
JUST GOT AN OFFER 2 DA BARTLETTTTT!!!! iiiii! so happy see all of yous next year !!!!

Congrats! That's so great! When did you have your interview?
Original post by peterkeixo
Congrats! That's so great! When did you have your interview?

9th feb, they made me wait quite a long time, i sent off the initial application on the 23rd october! have you had an interview?
9th feb, they made me wait quite a long time, i sent off the initial application on the 23rd october! have you had an interview?

yeah I remember you telling that, you had to wait so long ! it must have been jading! but all that waiting has definitely been worth it! congrats! you really deserve it! :smile:

Yeah, I just did this Tuesday. It was very short ~ 15 minutes and I feel like I don't have time to present everything that I brought. I saw the interviewer ticked all the boxes haha, shouldn't be too bad :tongue: btw do you mind showing me your portfolio so I can see the standard of getting into the Bartlett.
Yeah, I just did this Tuesday. It was very short ~ 15 minutes and I feel like I don't have time to present everything that I brought. I saw the interviewer ticked all the boxes haha, shouldn't be too bad :tongue: btw do you mind showing me your portfolio so I can see the standard of getting into the Bartlett.

Good luck! hope you'll get in! how many pieces of work were you able to present in that frame of time?
Good luck! hope you'll get in! how many pieces of work were you able to present in that frame of time?

So basically we talked about the assessment task at first, I spent around 3-4 minutes on that. I brought two sketch books and 7 pieces of work also some life drawings (which he ignored). I wouldn't suggest bring too many, just the ones that you are most confident with x
So basically we talked about the assessment task at first, I spent around 3-4 minutes on that. I brought two sketch books and 7 pieces of work also some life drawings (which he ignored). I wouldn't suggest bring too many, just the ones that you are most confident with x

thank you!

theosyder.carbonmade.com
theosyder.carbonmade.com

I really love your portfolio! but I absolutely adored the sketchbook part! you got such a multi-task, original hand drawing style. you are really good at drawing!
I really love your portfolio! but I absolutely adored the sketchbook part! you got such a multi-task, original hand drawing style. you are really good at drawing!

thank you!
Reply 1191
JUST GOT AN OFFER 2 DA BARTLETTTTT!!!! iiiii! so happy see all of yous next year !!!!

Congrats!! Hopefully see you there!!!
Anyone else got an offer from UCL? I had my interview on the 9th of February. After seeing everyone's responses, i haven't got a good feeling and feel like I'll be rejected now
[QUOTE=theocider;63318151]JUST GOT AN OFFER 2 DA BARTLETTTTT!!!! iiiii! so happy see all of yous next year !!!!

Congrats!!!!!🎉🎉👏👏😁
Original post by hyarchi
Congrats!!!!!🎉🎉👏👏😁

thanks!
Reply 1195
Guys, sorry for the offtopic, but I just can't find anywhere the answer to my burning question and I'm sure somebody here knows it! Is it that at Edinburgh it takes you 4 years to MArch? Only 4 years? How does it work then? When one can finally qualify as an architect? There are plenty of courses lasting 4 years but they are only BArch.

Does anyone know? :smile: :smile: Many thanks!!!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by 5522
Guys, sorry for the offtopic, but I just can't find anywhere the answer to my burning question and I'm sure somebody here knows it! Is it that at Edinburgh it takes you 4 years to MArch? Only 4 years? How does it work then? When one can finally qualify as an architect? There are plenty of courses lasting 4 years but they are only BArch.

Does anyone know? :smile: :smile: Many thanks!!!

Yes the course at edinburgh is quite confusing at first sight.
Correction:The MArch takes two years, so I'm guessing you mean the MA(Hons). So according to their website:
'The MA (Hons) undergraduate programme normally takes four years study including one year of integrated professional experience. It is prescribed by the ARB and validated by the RIBA at Part 1. Normally, for progression towards Part 2 professional accreditation, a student will apply to the two-year MArch programme in Edinburgh or to other accredited institutions offering similar programmes.'
So after completing the MA(Hons) you'll still need to take a two year MArch course to qualify.
Hope that solves your concerns:smile:!
Hey has anyone who had interviews on the 10th heard from the Bartlett yet? I'm getting a lil worried 😿
Reply 1198
Original post by hyarchi
Yes the course at edinburgh is quite confusing at first sight.
Correction:The MArch takes two years, so I'm guessing you mean the MA(Hons). So according to their website:
'The MA (Hons) undergraduate programme normally takes four years study including one year of integrated professional experience. It is prescribed by the ARB and validated by the RIBA at Part 1. Normally, for progression towards Part 2 professional accreditation, a student will apply to the two-year MArch programme in Edinburgh or to other accredited institutions offering similar programmes.'
So after completing the MA(Hons) you'll still need to take a two year MArch course to qualify.
Hope that solves your concerns:smile:!

Thank you so much!
Original post by Lawlrai
Hey has anyone who had interviews on the 10th heard from the Bartlett yet? I'm getting a lil worried 😿

No, haven't heard a thing. Pretty worried as well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending