The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy applicants 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1800
Original post by 02PC03
Got rejected from Birmingham even tho I exceed entry requirements of AAB and my predicted grades are A*AA.

Total rejections from Birmingham Nottingham and Cardiff

When did you hear back from Cardiff?
Original post by 02PC03
Got rejected from Birmingham even tho I exceed entry requirements of AAB and my predicted grades are A*AA.

Did you get an interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1802
Original post by 02PC03

Did you have interview at Birmingham? I'm predicted AAA and got rejected from Sheffield H & Nottingham with no interview, but got interviews at Brunel,York SJ, & Birmingham. Waiting on York & Birmingham. I don't think there could have ever been a tougher year to get onto a Physio degree.
Original post by Gem_R
When did you hear back from Cardiff?

Around a month ago, wasn't even offered an interview
Original post by jd1234567
Did you get an interview

I had an interview last week at Birmingham but Nottingham and Cardiff rejected without offering interviews
Original post by Toile
Did you have interview at Birmingham? I'm predicted AAA and got rejected from Sheffield H & Nottingham with no interview, but got interviews at Brunel,York SJ, & Birmingham. Waiting on York & Birmingham. I don't think there could have ever been a tougher year to get onto a Physio degree.

I feel this year those who are immediately leaving school aren't being offered a priority into getting to uni. However as university's this year are getting so many applicants due to the change in the nhs bursary that so many mature students who have completed other degrees or have taken gap years that students who are leaving school with a levels this year are being over looked and rejected solely on lack of experience. It's obvious that a person leaving school won't be as good as a older person who will no doubt have more experience at interviews. So in total we are loosing out this year due to the incompetence of university admission teams.
Original post by 02PC03
I feel this year those who are immediately leaving school aren't being offered a priority into getting to uni. However as university's this year are getting so many applicants due to the change in the nhs bursary that so many mature students who have completed other degrees or have taken gap years that students who are leaving school with a levels this year are being over looked and rejected solely on lack of experience. It's obvious that a person leaving school won't be as good as a older person who will no doubt have more experience at interviews. So in total we are loosing out this year due to the incompetence of university admission teams.

I see where you're coming from with this statement but I have to disagree. I am a mature student who has 3 A Levels and I am now completing an Access Course and was rejected from 3 Universities without interview, 1 with interview. I am still waiting to hear back from the last.

I think it is just simply the sheer volume of applicants this year means that unfortunately, as you said, some are overlooked. Statistically, universities have to accept a variety of students onto their cohort to avoid looking biased. In other words, they must accept some A Level students, some mature etc. So I wouldn't take it personally, it's just that some people will unfortunately always be more qualified and more experienced :frown:
Original post by HearMeRoar
Aw thank you- I am! I had an interview there on the 3rd of February (so I expect you'll hear soon) Good luck, hopefully you'll get an offer! :smile:

When did they offer you a place and if I had my interview on 20th Jan do you think I should be hearing back by now is that a bad sign if I havent.
Reply 1808
Original post by GeoKees
I see where you're coming from with this statement but I have to disagree. I am a mature student who has 3 A Levels and I am now completing an Access Course and was rejected from 3 Universities without interview, 1 with interview. I am still waiting to hear back from the last.

I think it is just simply the sheer volume of applicants this year means that unfortunately, as you said, some are overlooked. Statistically, universities have to accept a variety of students onto their cohort to avoid looking biased. In other words, they must accept some A Level students, some mature etc. So I wouldn't take it personally, it's just that some people will unfortunately always be more qualified and more experienced :frown:

I agree. It is sheer volume of applicants,I feel very lucky today as I've just received an offer from Birmingham which I'm completely over the moon with. I wish all the best for you both and everyone else on here who've not received an offer as yet. I know Birmingham had over 1100 applicants & were interviewing 300, so felt it was an achievement just to get to interview stage.Just need to get my AAB now.
Original post by Toile
I agree. It is sheer volume of applicants,I feel very lucky today as I've just received an offer from Birmingham which I'm completely over the moon with. I wish all the best for you both and everyone else on here who've not received an offer as yet. I know Birmingham had over 1100 applicants & were interviewing 300, so felt it was an achievement just to get to interview stage.Just need to get my AAB now.

Well done, I just got rejected. It seems that grades are just irrelevant into getting to Birmingham as AAB is required but they reject those who exceed that
Reply 1810
Original post by 02PC03
Well done, I just got rejected. It seems that grades are just irrelevant into getting to Birmingham as AAB is required but they reject those who exceed that

Yes mine exceeded it too but I felt my interview went as well as it could have and just hoped they felt the same. Sheffield and Notts rejected me without interview and my grades exceeded there demands.It's really tough and definitely a bit of luck involved.Really hope you get sorted.
Anyone just heard from York SJ
Reply 1812
Original post by GeoKees
Anyone just heard from York SJ

No they've put me on hold😭 What did you hear?
Well that's another week gone by and nothing from Cardiff ! Just want to be put out of my misery I'm refreshing my emails 24/7 in work. Anyone heard anything??
Anyone heard anything from st George's. I had my interview there on 3rd February
Original post by GeoKees

I agree. I'm a mature student. I had 4 interviews. 1 rejection before interview. 2 rejections after interview, one I had to decline. One offer. I've not met one person who's had 5 or even 3/4 offers - mature or not. Physio is massively competitive and this year it's even more so.
Anyone know when we can expect to hear back from Robert Gordon post interview? I believe they had their last interviews on Thursday according to the website. 😊
Reply 1817
I know you were asking whether anyone actually did hear back, but when I went to the RGU interview on Tuesday I was told to hear back end of March/beginning of April roughly
Reply 1818
Is anyone else not doing very will with getting offers?
Anyone going to the Plymouth applicant day tomorrow?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending