The Student Room Group

Meaning of the word cute

What does it mean when a guy calls you cute or when another woman calls you cute? Is there a difference in meaning?

Scroll to see replies

I think there is a difference. When a male called you cute, I presume it is look wise however with a female it is more to do with your actions or relating you to childish etc.
Reply 2
when a guy says cute it's generally like... cute :wink:
when a girl says cute it's like kayooooot
Reply 3
Original post by studentfeed
I think there is a difference. When a male called you cute, I presume it is look wise however with a female it is more to do with your actions or relating you to childish etc.

I see; I've been called cut by both genders on account of my appearance alone so idk. I wasn't sure if there was a difference or not
Reply 4
If a girl uses it it's bad, their cats are cute not their boyfriends.

If a guy uses it it's usually fine.
Reply 5
Original post by whorace

Even if it's said to another woman?
It can mean a range of different things, I've said puppies are cute and I've said people I fancy are cute, it really depends on the intention of the person using it tbh
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Even if it's said to another woman?

It usually means nice in a childish and innocent way, it really depends if the other person has a sexual interest, if you have a sexual interest it's bad because it's making you an infant, and no one wants to sleep with an infant. It's okayish for women because it can just mean youth and nativity, both qualities men often like.
girl: you're cute
boy: she likes me

reality: Dont wanna hurt your feelings

TA DA
cute is pretty much the only the compliment i use for a guy's appearance no matter what my "intention" is
Not me.
Original post by whorace

I think cute is often ok.

e.g. Zac Efron is often called 'cute'. When a guy has that slightly boyish sexiness. No homo btw :tongue:.

However, 'adorable' is not fine. Any man who gets called this needs to have a serious rethink.

:wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by stefano865
I think cute is often ok.

e.g. Zac Efron is often called 'cute'. When a guy has that slightly boyish sexiness. No homo btw.

However, 'adorable' is not fine. Any man who gets called this needs to have a serious rethink. :tongue:

:wink:

Every time I read "no homo", it makes me cringe so hard
Original post by whorace
It usually means nice in a childish and innocent way, it really depends if the other person has a sexual interest, if you have a sexual interest it's bad because it's making you an infant, and no one wants to sleep with an infant. It's okayish for women because it can just mean youth and nativity, both qualities men often like.

Nativity? I will assume you meant naivity? (However you spell it)
Original post by Jamie S
Every time I read "no homo", it makes me cringe so hard

Yep. I agree. :tongue:

It was a joke. I just used it because it has become so common.

Will add an emoji so people don't think I'm serious. :wink:
Reply 15
@79deeas should know cant tag him in this though
i think its patronising personally
Depends on the context I suppose.

If you're a 13 year old school girl and some greasy old man standing outside a pub whispers "I aint never seen a girl so cute before" as you walk past, then you better run.
Definition: attractive in a pretty or endearing way.
Original post by SubZero~
Definition: attractive in a pretty or endearing way.

Good enough for me, even if from a fellow female :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending