The Student Room Group

Calling in sick

hey guys,
I've got a part-time job at my local supermarket, and need to take my shift off tomorrow. I'm going to call up and tell them that I have a stomach bug - anyone who has experience with this, what questions are they likely to ask? To what extent can they challenge my story?
Thanks
Reply 1
Hey, they may request that you don't come in for 48 hours so that you don't spread germs (since it's a food related work). If I was you I'd say I had a migraine or something that isn't contagious so you can return to work as soon as you feel like it.... that way you wont lose so much money.

If they challenge you about it just tell them you'd rather be at work earning money than laying in bed all day feeling ill.
Reply 2
Thanks, because I don't have another shift this week I feel like stomach bug is the best excuse - they legally wouldn't be able to ask me to come in?
Reply 3
Original post by wr3ckitralph
Thanks, because I don't have another shift this week I feel like stomach bug is the best excuse - they legally wouldn't be able to ask me to come in?

They 'shouldn't' ask you to come in, but even if they do just explain that you're vomiting and so it would be impossible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending