The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy applicants 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hunterf
Really stuck on whether to firm Kings or Birmingham! Does anyone know anything that might help me pick either way?!

I had the same problem, but Im firming Birmingham despite Kings reputation because I live in London and less than an hour away from Kings, plus I prefer the campus uni cause everything is on one site so theres no paying for travel all over the place. Also with Kings, Guys campus is just health care and medicine stuff so your not really mixing with a whole range of different students.
Original post by RLWEBB
I firmed kings so managed to do my accomodation last night!! What is the Facebook group called?:smile:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/666951450107651/
It's this one, there's a post on there somewhere where i've asked who's doing physio :smile:
Original post by Andyuk1275
I have also firmed Teeside, see you there!

Great! you certainly will :smile:
Anyone firmed liverpool? :smile:
Do you know if Birmingham has given all the offers out? How many spots are there? thanks
Has anyone firmed Southampton? :smile:
Original post by Ste599
Anyone know when Bradfords last interviews are?

I had an interview at Bradford today and they said it was the last one!
Does anyone know if theres a group for people firming Salford for this year??? Would be fab to get to know everyone better!
Hi guys! Been offered a place at both Coventry and Birmingham and can't decide! Can anyone else give me their opinion? Coventry probably has the better course, and with new facilities being built as of next year it will also have a better department. It would probably also offer me some leeway in grades just in case I flop. Birmingham has a really nice campus and accommodation. Im also from Birmingham so I know the night life isn't bad and has decent facilities in and around the city but the course didn't seem as good and the stats are against them.It basically comes down to going to a redbrick VS going to modern university with a slightly better course. Anyone else in the same boat?
Received an offer from Cardiff recently, just confirmed it as my firm choice. Having a struggle finding the right accommodation. Does anyone here know the favourite for Physio students at Cardiff? Annoyingly I'm missing the open day next week due to work so any info would be great. (Was originally just going to choose the cheapest).
Original post by ElliotTJ32
Received an offer from Cardiff recently, just confirmed it as my firm choice. Having a struggle finding the right accommodation. Does anyone here know the favourite for Physio students at Cardiff? Annoyingly I'm missing the open day next week due to work so any info would be great. (Was originally just going to choose the cheapest).

The only halls Physios can stay in are -Talybont North, Cartwright Court, University Hall and Liberty House.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jd1234567
The only halls Physios can stay in are -Talybont North, Cartwright Court, University Hall and Liberty House.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well that closes my options down, I was unaware of that. Where did you find that information? (thanks for the reply btw).
Original post by ElliotTJ32
Well that closes my options down, I was unaware of that. Where did you find that information? (thanks for the reply btw).

I emailed the residence office at Cardiff so that I could go visit them at the open day and ask students which was the best! I've heard Talybont North is the best and the most sociable, it's also got sports facilities. Not sure about the rest but going to ask around

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2353
Well I'm in the no offers boat :frown: I am so, so gutted, I cannot even start to express my disappointment. So, as I'm not sure Extra will do anything, I will try my luck in clearing, if that doesn't work look for a physio assistant role (which is obviously also hard to get) and try again next year :frown:
Original post by Inks39
Well I'm in the no offers boat :frown: I am so, so gutted, I cannot even start to express my disappointment. So, as I'm not sure Extra will do anything, I will try my luck in clearing, if that doesn't work look for a physio assistant role (which is obviously also hard to get) and try again next year :frown:

Did you hear back from RGU

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2355
Did you hear back from RGU

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, as much as I liked RGU, as finance is more difficult I withdrew to use my extra choice.
Today's the last interview for sheff hallam. Fingers crossed for everyone waiting for an offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just phoned up Cardiff residences office. This is no longer the case as physiotherapy is now considered a standard residency period. You can apply to any of the residences according to the lady I spoke to on the phone.
Original post by FWarner8
Just phoned up Cardiff residences office. This is no longer the case as physiotherapy is now considered a standard residency period. You can apply to any of the residences according to the lady I spoke to on the phone.

That's so strange? I literally emailed yesterday and they said you were limited??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by msiapt
Today's the last interview for sheff hallam. Fingers crossed for everyone waiting for an offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck to you too! Hopefully we all here back by next week! How long after today's last interview, do you think we'll here back from them?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending