The Student Room Group

Is this illegal?

Hello everyone,

Is it illegal for a teacher at secondary school to send an email back finished off with their first name when their supposed to be called by Mr etc.? Usually I get them finished with Mr____ but for some reason today for the first time I got the first name!

Scroll to see replies

Please reply guys
No???????

Teachers have first names? Is that surprising?

null/10?
(edited 8 years ago)
Illegal hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. No.
What? No...
That's a pretty odd question
Of course not.
Original post by Anonymous#007
Hello everyone,

Is it illegal for a teacher at secondary school to send an email back finished off with their first name when their supposed to be called by Mr etc.? Usually I get them finished with Mr____ but for some reason today for the first time I got the first name!

Nope.. I know a couple of drama teachers who preferred to be on first name terms with students. It's a case of being professional.
Original post by iEthan
No???????

Teachers have first names? Is that surprising?

null/10?

Yeah but our school is quite strict and usually he only puts mr ______
Hello everyone,

No.
No, not at all, at my school, sometimes the head teacher forgets in assembly and calls teachers by the first name to come up and talk! You will be fine :smile:
ffs

who left the gate open again?!
Yeah but our school is quite strict and usually he only puts mr ______

OK but???

And in other news, a school headteacher has decreed it common law for all teachers to be refused the right to a first name, when coming into the profession they must now surrender their first name. Any utterances of their first name to anyone will result in 43 years' hard labour.

Sorry I am so completely baffled you thought this could be illegal???
can't believe they're still walking free tbh
Original post by + polarity -
can't believe they're still walking free tbh

The Ofsted Taskforce have been dispatched to deal with them. They're going down for a long time. The travesty!
Unacceptable. You have to sue him! :facepalm:
:rofl:

Teachers must never reveal their first names to students. Punishable by imprisonment.
Original post by iEthan
The Ofsted Taskforce have been dispatched to deal with them. They're going down for a long time. The travesty!

Let justice prevail
Original post by Alexion

Teachers must never reveal their first names to students. Punishable by imprisonment.

Original post by Legendary Quest
Unacceptable. You have to sue him! :facepalm:

@Ethereal World I think OP requires legal assistance, a teacher has obviously grossly overstepped the line here. :noway:
Original post by iEthan

I don't think the Ofsted Taskforce is enough. We need more. We need to bring Gove back!
Original post by Legendary Quest
I don't think the Ofsted Taskforce is enough. We need more. We need to bring Gove back!

Bring Gove and the Armed Response Unit back, to the scene of the crime. Gove should get the first punch in, for sure. Alternatively, a whack around the head with a briefcase? :dontknow:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending