The Student Room Group

When you give someone the chance to admit they've lied and they still lie to you.

So my situation as it stands:

Met a guy who has a child. At first I wasn't too keen on the idea and then I thought I'd try and understand his situation first. Fast forward a couple of weeks he seems like a really sweet guy. We haven't met up as yet although he has literally asked me to go out everyday.

We used to go to school together, however he was in my cousins year, so it wasn't hard to find out about him etc. I have discovered he possibly has more than one child. I thought I'd give him the benefit of the doubt since I hadn't asked him how many kids he had. I asked a couple of days ago and he said ' i have One' and I said okay. I am 99% certain my source is correct and he has at least two children. The moment he said he had a daughter I had a feeling he had more than one.

Anyway I posted a meme about lying in regards to many aspects in my life. Out of everyone in my contacts he messages me asking who's been lying to me, I said 'everyone'. Then he says ' including me? ', so I asked if he has lied and he said no. Following this he asked if I think he's been lying and I said i didn't know. I find it really weird and I'm kinda pissed that I've given him many opportunities to fess up and the little **** is still lying. The way he responded to me etc just screams guilty.

What do I do people?? Why would he lie about such a thing?
Reply 1
I think you should come right out and tell him you've heard he has two kids. Maybe hes scared that you'll shy away from the situation which is understandable but still not okay. The best approach is just confront him. What else do you know about his character? Is this characteristic of him?
How is this going to work? Hide his second kid everytime you come around? Quickly switch them?

I'd dump him for being an obvious retard.
Reply 3
Original post by Aykem
I think you should come right out and tell him you've heard he has two kids. Maybe hes scared that you'll shy away from the situation which is understandable but still not okay. The best approach is just confront him. What else do you know about his character? Is this characteristic of him?

I will. But come on he's hiding another human being when he's already said he has a daughter, what's the point? He should have just told me all at once. If i didn't stick around then at least he knew how I felt about it.
Reply 4
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
How is this going to work? Hide his second kid everytime you come around? Quickly switch them?

I'd dump him for being an obvious retard.

Lol I don't think it would be incredibly hard for him to hide it tbh. He's probably dated women in the past and failed to mention it and they didn't suspect anything.

I looked on his Facebook and saw pictures of two little girls in seperate pictures. I read the comments asking '' is this your daughter? '' and he didn't respond to anyone. At that moment in time I wondered if he should be dumb enough to try and switch them and claim they are the same daughter smh.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I will. But come on he's hiding another human being when he's already said he has a daughter, what's the point? He should have just told me all at once. If i didn't stick around then at least he knew how I felt about it.

Yeah, you're right, as long as you're sure hes lying its obvious there's no potential. Its stupid that he'd even try to hide it tbh, even when you gave him opportunities to tell the truth... just saying to confront him for your own closure cause it'd bug me :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
So my situation as it stands:

Met a guy who has a child. At first I wasn't too keen on the idea and then I thought I'd try and understand his situation first. Fast forward a couple of weeks he seems like a really sweet guy. We haven't met up as yet although he has literally asked me to go out everyday.

We used to go to school together, however he was in my cousins year, so it wasn't hard to find out about him etc. I have discovered he possibly has more than one child. I thought I'd give him the benefit of the doubt since I hadn't asked him how many kids he had. I asked a couple of days ago and he said ' i have One' and I said okay. I am 99% certain my source is correct and he has at least two children. The moment he said he had a daughter I had a feeling he had more than one.

Anyway I posted a meme about lying in regards to many aspects in my life. Out of everyone in my contacts he messages me asking who's been lying to me, I said 'everyone'. Then he says ' including me? ', so I asked if he has lied and he said no. Following this he asked if I think he's been lying and I said i didn't know. I find it really weird and I'm kinda pissed that I've given him many opportunities to fess up and the little **** is still lying. The way he responded to me etc just screams guilty.

What do I do people?? Why would he lie about such a thing?

what do you do? i have no idea, leave him if you don't like him
why would he lie? maybe he wants another baby with you? maybe he's trying to complete his bucket list of impregnate as many women as possible in lifetime
Reply 7
Original post by Aykem
Yeah, you're right, as long as you're sure hes lying its obvious there's no potential. Its stupid that he'd even try to hide it tbh, even when you gave him opportunities to tell the truth... just saying to confront him for your own closure cause it'd bug me :smile:

It is really bugging me, so I am going to have to call whatever this is a day. I will mention my reasons too.

Original post by thefatone
what do you do? i have no idea, leave him if you don't like him
why would he lie? maybe he wants another baby with you? maybe he's trying to complete his bucket list of impregnate as many women as possible in lifetime

Lol its not about whether or not I like him. Its all about the lies. The lying is so pointless, I would be more understanding if he had been open and honest. I am definetly not about that baby mumma life, he can count me out!!!
Reply 8
Bump

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending