The Student Room Group

I'm afraid of not getting in

Hello!
Next year I am going to make the choice about my uni course....
I am an Italian student and I would love to study in the Uk or in Ireland. My dream is that of studying Environmental science... Only, I am afraid I won't get in! I don't have a clear idea about where to apply because even if I have good grades I am afraid I won't be good enough... So I am asking you, virtual friends, to lend me a hand and give me an advice :smile: Is mine only a silly fear?
Original post by Ennessee
Hello!
Next year I am going to make the choice about my uni course....
I am an Italian student and I would love to study in the Uk or in Ireland. My dream is that of studying Environmental science... Only, I am afraid I won't get in! I don't have a clear idea about where to apply because even if I have good grades I am afraid I won't be good enough... So I am asking you, virtual friends, to lend me a hand and give me an advice :smile: Is mine only a silly fear?

This is very difficult to answer as nobody knows your likely grades and where you intend applying. If your grades are likely to meet the university entrance requirements then the likelihood is you will get offers. There are some universities like Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial, LSE and Durham that are massively oversubscribed and applying to these universities even with the appropriate grades often leads to rejection. However for most universities if you are able to meet the grades they require it is likely you will get offers.

Your best bet would be to find out what your likely grades will be then look for the universities offering Environmental Science and apply from there.

You also need to ensure you can meet any English Language tests the universities require.

The UK has many different types of universities. Some are city universities based in the centre of very large cities like London, Birmingham and Manchester. There are also campus universities often based on the outskirts of smaller cities. Examples of these are Lancaster, Bath, Aberystwyth and Swansea. You need to check out the type of university you want to attend. Do you want to be in a big or small city and do you want to study at a campus university or not.

Ireland is split into 2 different regions. Northern Ireland is part of the United Kingdom along with England, Scotland and Wales whereas the Republic of Ireland is not and has a totally different system.

You also need to consider the relative costs of studying in the UK. It is far more expensive to live in and around London than in Northern or Western universities
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending