The Student Room Group

I don't know what to do about my brother

He's nine years old and the whiniest little s**t I've ever had the displeasure of having to put up with. I get that I'm meant to love him, but he's so f**king obnoxious. He does almost all of the cliches that spoiled brats do. Screw it, I'll list them.

1.Pulls a smug face whenever he gets his own way which is literally everyday, I actually want to punch it

2.I got a WiiU as a shared present with my older brother for Christmas a couple of years ago (and pretty much nothing else) and what a surprise it's my younger brother that plays on it all the time. The little prick begged and whined to have minecraft WiiU installed on it recently despite the fact I hate that bloody game in all its forms. Oh and to top it all off my parents are now claiming that he has joint ownership despite him getting more presents than me and my elder brother combined that year.

3.Now all he does is sit on the wiiu tablet and watch crappy youtube channels play minecraft despite the fact he asskissed nearly every relative we have to get the f**king game.

4.He also begged and cried to get his very own motherf**king tablet AND his own smartphone. I literally still haven't gotten either of those things.

5.When he's actually asked to come off of my goddamn WiiU, he makes a whiny sound like squeaky toy giving birth and refuses, then once he's forced to come off, he makes bratty remarks and whines.

6.Every damn morning I go through the bathroom at the same time, every morning. What my dear brother's decided to do is stay up late every night on his tablet (he can't bring the WiiU upstairs or it will lose connection) so he wakes up late every morning. Then he goes through the bathroom just before I do and takes it up for 10 minutes. Afterwards, he puts his hands under water to make it sound like he's washing his hands. Then proceeds to touch every surface in the house with his hands.

7.Every time I ask my parents or my elder brother a question my younger brother insists on giving a wrong and quite frankly retarded answer. I literally never ask him any questions just because he makes the stupidest stuff up.

8.Every time I buy something for myself like a milkshake, the little prick sees it and demands to have one for himself. he will whine for hours upon hours to get one.

9.Refuses to do any housework and gets treated like a princess for not doing it.

10.Sees something "cool" on the internet and tries to copy it. Like finding some kind of chavvy S symbol and drawing it all over the house.

11.From number 6, I thought of way to stop him from doing this and have decided to just go ahead and wake him up so he goes through the damn bathroom so he doesn't make me late. However, the little s**t goes to our mother and brownnoses her if I wake him up. So I started going through the bathroom five minutes before I usually did, the little f**k realized he couldn't get in and screamed like a banshee until my mother told me to get out of the shower so he could spend his usual ten minutes reading a book on the toilet.

12.He will complain about anything that he doesn't like, bed time at 8.30? whine
No vegetarian option for dinner? whine (he also switches between vegetarianism everyother day)
Told to come off my WiiU? whine
Burnt his house down in minecraft after trying to make something with magma? Full one temper tantrum lasting two hours with no breaks as he runs around the house crying as my elder brother's forced to rebuild it so he can go back to his room. This s**t has happened twice. I literally even told my parents that letting him play that bloody game was a bad idea before either incidents happened.

I don't what to do about the little b*****d, should I just tough it out until I get to university or is it time for some tough love? He's going to get the living s**t kicked out of him at secondary school at this rate
Can you summarise? That's a lot of reading material.
You dumb bruv? what do you expect a 9 year old to be like
Reply 3
Original post by Mistletoe
Can you summarise? That's a lot of reading material.

My brother's going to get beaten up in secondary school for being unbelievably whiny, should I tough it out until I leave or administer some tough love?

Original post by ArabianPhoenix
You dumb bruv? what do you expect a 9 year old to be like

I've met a lot of nine year olds and my brother simply eclipses them in terms of sheer obnoxiousness
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
He's nine years old and the whiniest little s**t I've ever had the displeasure of having to put up with. I get that I'm meant to love him, but he's so f**king obnoxious. He does almost all of the cliches that spoiled brats do. Screw it, I'll list them.

1.Pulls a smug face whenever he gets his own way which is literally everyday, I actually want to punch it

2.I got a WiiU as a shared present with my older brother for Christmas a couple of years ago (and pretty much nothing else) and what a surprise it's my younger brother that plays on it all the time. The little prick begged and whined to have minecraft WiiU installed on it recently despite the fact I hate that bloody game in all its forms. Oh and to top it all off my parents are now claiming that he has joint ownership despite him getting more presents than me and my elder brother combined that year.

3.Now all he does is sit on the wiiu tablet and watch crappy youtube channels play minecraft despite the fact he asskissed nearly every relative we have to get the f**king game.

4.He also begged and cried to get his very own motherf**king tablet AND his own smartphone. I literally still haven't gotten either of those things.

5.When he's actually asked to come off of my goddamn WiiU, he makes a whiny sound like squeaky toy giving birth and refuses, then once he's forced to come off, he makes bratty remarks and whines.

6.Every damn morning I go through the bathroom at the same time, every morning. What my dear brother's decided to do is stay up late every night on his tablet (he can't bring the WiiU upstairs or it will lose connection) so he wakes up late every morning. Then he goes through the bathroom just before I do and takes it up for 10 minutes. Afterwards, he puts his hands under water to make it sound like he's washing his hands. Then proceeds to touch every surface in the house with his hands.

7.Every time I ask my parents or my elder brother a question my younger brother insists on giving a wrong and quite frankly retarded answer. I literally never ask him any questions just because he makes the stupidest stuff up.

8.Every time I buy something for myself like a milkshake, the little prick sees it and demands to have one for himself. he will whine for hours upon hours to get one.

9.Refuses to do any housework and gets treated like a princess for not doing it.

10.Sees something "cool" on the internet and tries to copy it. Like finding some kind of chavvy S symbol and drawing it all over the house.

11.From number 6, I thought of way to stop him from doing this and have decided to just go ahead and wake him up so he goes through the damn bathroom so he doesn't make me late. However, the little s**t goes to our mother and brownnoses her if I wake him up. So I started going through the bathroom five minutes before I usually did, the little f**k realized he couldn't get in and screamed like a banshee until my mother told me to get out of the shower so he could spend his usual ten minutes reading a book on the toilet.

12.He will complain about anything that he doesn't like, bed time at 8.30? whine
No vegetarian option for dinner? whine (he also switches between vegetarianism everyother day)
Burnt his house down in minecraft after trying to make something with magma? Full one temper tantrum lasting two hours with no breaks as he runs around the house crying as my elder brother's forced to rebuild it so he can go back to his room. This s**t has happened twice. I literally even told my parents that letting him play that bloody game was a bad idea before either incidents happened.

I don't what to do about the little b*****d, should I just tough it out until I get to university or is it time for some tough love? He's going to get the living s**t kicked out of him at secondary school at this rate

Aww he's only 9 and already decided to become a vegetarian? How adorable.
He's an idiot. Ignore him if he acts like that.

As for the bathroom fight, wake up earlier? 30 minutes earlier? :tongue:

whats the point of posting this long ass text, no one cares
Reply 7
Original post by theBranicAc
whats the point of posting this long ass text, no one cares

You obviously care enough about making a dumbass post and I thank you for that
Reply 8
He is going to grow up and eventually you'll get along. Stop worrying so much and enjoy your life instead!
My brother's going to get beaten up in secondary school for being unbelievably whiny, should I tough it out until I leave or administer some tough love?

Find out why he is whining and explain to him how unjust life is and that moaning about it won't solve his problems now that he isn't a baby anymore.
Let him know whos boss
Can't you just like have a tl;dr version? :indiff:
Lol why u complaining
He sounds like the average 9 year old lol nothing surprising
I was reading this and i literally burst out laughing.

On a serious note OP; its the case in all families the younger ones are able to get away with alot more than the older one. I bet you get away with more than say your oldest sibling. Hes just 9 although you do have a point this would piss me off, especially the toilet bit.
How old are you?

Good question. My brother always got away with everything at that age, and I always got the flack for everything. I left him and left him (and occasionally gave in and kicked the crap out of him) in the hope that eventually he'd learn that you can't get away with it. Eventually he arrived in his twenties and living with this girl - after getting us in debt supporting him because he wanted a flat, he buggers off while still obliged for the rent (*ahem* which we paid) to live in Cambridge because she was pregnant and wanted her mummy. So, he never learned.

I've met a lot of nine year olds and my brother simply eclipses them in terms of sheer obnoxiousness
Another example is my ex's son. At nine he was whiney and generally badly behaved - though that was because my ex wasn't very good at discipline. I had him behaving at a look.
OMG you swear so much!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no... It's retarded...
But on a serious note, use violence - start bullying him. Make him scared of you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending