The Student Room Group

Me and my girlfriend are at different universities... how can we live together?

Hey guys

me and my girlfriend are going to different universities next year and we want to live together, how do we do this? just apply for flats or can we get uni accommodation?

Thanks.
You'll likely have to look into private renting, renting a place as a couple at the same uni isnt possible in many university cities so being at different ones would probably make it harder.

In my city private accommodation for the two of us was actually cheaper than halls so you never know you might get lucky:P
Original post by Michaell22
Hey guys

me and my girlfriend are going to different universities next year and we want to live together, how do we do this? just apply for flats or can we get uni accommodation?

Thanks.

university owned halls will be just for those studying at the university who own them. You can look at private halls those or student housing in the private rental sector.
Private housing.
I don't think there are many 2 person rooms in student halls ?
you could rent two rooms in private halls or find a privately rented (probably non student) flat

but really, don't do this... you'll both change a lot at uni and if you live together separate from the freshers at both your universities you will not only risk being tied into a rent contract with someone you want to break up with but you will also struggle to make friends and branch out

if you're in the same university town just be happy it will be easy to see each other, once you're settled you can basically stay over at each other's place all the time anyway... but give yourselves the opportunity to make friends first

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending