The Student Room Group

Girls who stare at you - awkward

I think I posted this anonymously but it's my first time using it so if it doesn't work then no biggie.

Ok I'm not going to be one of those people that go 'Do girls stare at me because I'm so good looking?' since I doubt that's the case. Whether I'm on the bus, on the train or at uni, every now and then girls who I don't know personally stare at me. This makes me feel kind of awkward and shy. I am a shy and reserved guy for the most part. If I ever get any attention like when doing a group presentation etc I get really nervous or flustered. But I wouldn't say I'm a stun silent anti-social person since within my group of friends I talk a lot.

What are the possible reasons girls stare at you? Aside from the obvious one, I think I am average looking, not ugly but no Zayn Malik either. And how should I act in those situations since I probably look like a goofball. And the stares are not friendly either. It's just a blank stare where I can't tell what they're thinking. Maybe I'm just too self-conscious? I mean it's not that big of a problem I guess but I do feel awkward whenever it happens.
Sometimes, girls just look at people and daydream without even thinking:
i remember once, i was looking at this guy before going into exams, and i was just calming myself and he thought that i was hitting on him - long story short, my friends told me i was staring at him and i ran into the exam hall never looking back.
Good old days
Reply 2
"no Zaym Malik either" :rofl2:

maybe someone wrote something on your head
from personal experiences, this will get you a lot of looks.
Reply 3
if you see them staring, it means you are staring back :biggrin:

otherwise, in case next time someone stares at you, just smile :smile:
I get this too with guys, I'm definitely not good looking but sometimes I'll catch guys looking at me looking really pissed off or blank faced, I just assume they don't realise they're staring or they think I look weird lol
Original post by Anonymous
I think I posted this anonymously but it's my first time using it so if it doesn't work then no biggie.

Ok I'm not going to be one of those people that go 'Do girls stare at me because I'm so good looking?' since I doubt that's the case. Whether I'm on the bus, on the train or at uni, every now and then girls who I don't know personally stare at me. This makes me feel kind of awkward and shy. I am a shy and reserved guy for the most part. If I ever get any attention like when doing a group presentation etc I get really nervous or flustered. But I wouldn't say I'm a stun silent anti-social person since within my group of friends I talk a lot.

What are the possible reasons girls stare at you? Aside from the obvious one, I think I am average looking, not ugly but no Zayn Malik either. And how should I act in those situations since I probably look like a goofball. And the stares are not friendly either. It's just a blank stare where I can't tell what they're thinking. Maybe I'm just too self-conscious? I mean it's not that big of a problem I guess but I do feel awkward whenever it happens.

it's definitely a move that is used by girls often because you won't talk to them and they won't talk to you in a hope that you initiate something i mean i am avarage in terms of looks and have dated several women who are far far out of my league and it mainly because i have the guts to approach them and just talk to them
Are they staring at you or you at them? Huh

Eye contact is a way of showing interest, or disgust, or many things, it might not even be you they like, maybe they like the clothes you wear and think 'my boyfriend should get that' y'know there are so many reasons, at the most basic level there must be some sort of interest, you look like someone, you're doing something weird, you remind them of something.

If they get angry it's negative interest, maybe you remind them of an ex :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending