The Student Room Group

Is size 16 at 4ft 8 overweight?

A girl told me thats her size but she looks fine in pictures is she overweight ?
Reply 1
Bump
Original post by Anonymous
A girl told me thats her size but she looks fine in pictures is she overweight ?

Not really i think thats around the average size of the average woman in the uk or something
At that height I'm guessing she'd look noticeably fat.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4

That is grossly overweight mate and for her height too. Steer clear.
Reply 5
Original post by siamesedaffodil
Not really i think thats around the average size of the average woman in the uk or something

yes, but you're neglecting average age in the UK is 40, so a size 16 dress size basically reflects average dress size for a 40 year old woman, when by that age women have typically put on weight and let themselves go a bit.

Also, she's very short as well, which at size 16, will make her look incredibly fat & hobbit like.

OP, steer clear mate.
Reply 6

Online dating I'm guessing?

Those pictures are likely to be from years ago when she was still relatively skinny, Happens all the time on online dating.
Is 5ft 2 and size 12 overweight?
I'm 5 ft 1 and am a Size 16. After losing a bit of weight I was starting to feel really happy with the way my body looks. After reading this thread and having some people say that a size 16 is obese, I feel really crap now :frown:
Reply 9
Nah 5 2 and 12 is fine

Thabks for the advice guys but imma meet her anyway cause i wantsex. And she looks hot
Btw shes 16 and im 18
Reply 10
Original post by Powersymphonia
I'm 5 ft 1 and am a Size 16. After losing a bit of weight I was starting to feel really happy with the way my body looks. After reading this thread and having some people say that a size 16 is obese, I feel really crap now :frown:

Aww no, no-one should feel like that, I'm sure you're beaut, plus who even cares about size anymore x
Here I was thinking that the dudebro who started this thread was as shallow as zebra's depth perception, but then he goes on to say that her being fat doesn't matter because he wants sex. Totally changed my mind. Not shallow at all.
She's overweight. If youre happy with that then go ahead. A size 16 on a 5"6 woman wouldnt look as bad (still would look kind of big) as opposed to a 4"8 woman. So you can imagine how she looks.
Thanks for the advice
Can anyone explain what size 16 means? Is it hip size? I measured and im 90cm around the hips 18m and about 70kg and 6ft 1
Can anyone explain what size 16 means? Is it hip size? I measured and im 90cm around the hips 18m and about 70kg and 6ft 1

Size 10,12,14,16 etc are numbers for sizing for womens clothing. The larger your number the bigger your clothes size. But it depends on height as well. Like I said a 5ft9 woman at size 16 would look relatively skinny as opposed to a 5ft6 woman who would look slightly chubby at size 16. So you can imagine how a 4ft9 woman looks at size 16. Quite big.
i thought uk size 10/12 was average

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending