The Student Room Group

Do people usually avoid having red bedrooms?

Ive painted my room a cream and red colour its taken me 2 days (3 walls are cream and one wall and the door, skirting boards are red). I told my boyfriend and he said it sounds like a brothel :frown: I just wanted red for a change i liked it before but now when i look at the walls it reminds me of what he said. I was going to get red curtains too but i dont know not. Are red bedrooms not that common among normal people or something?
Original post by Anonymous
Ive painted my room a cream and red colour its taken me 2 days (3 walls are cream and one wall and the door, skirting boards are red). I told my boyfriend and he said it sounds like a brothel :frown: I just wanted red for a change i liked it before but now when i look at the walls it reminds me of what he said. I was going to get red curtains too but i dont know not. Are red bedrooms not that common among normal people or something?

Red?
Not great to relax the mind
I think reds a living room colour, it's a bit bright for bedrooms really.
Reply 3
Bedrooms should be a relaxing colour but there is no problem with red.
Reply 4
Original post by ODES_PDES
Red?
Not great to relax the mind

Im too relaxed though i want more energy
Im too relaxed though i want more energy

then a very good choice!:biggrin:
Reply 6
Red room
Red rum
REDRUM

How old are you

Posted from TSR Mobile
My bedroom back home is red! Hence why I look as though I'm on fire in my photo. :tongue:
Reply 9
Original post by nerdling_CompSci
How old are you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Too old for everything
Original post by WhimsicalSloth
My bedroom back home is red! Hence why I look as though I'm on fire in my photo. :tongue:

Ha, that is a bright colour, did you do all the walls in that
Original post by K2G
Bedrooms should be a relaxing colour but there is no problem with red.

well im dopy and docile so it may just speed my life up a bit.
Ha, that is a bright colour, did you do all the walls in that

Yeah :smile: and I remember my parent's reactions when I asked for red walls and a black carpet was absolutely priceless. But I like it, it reminds me of a ladybug. :tongue: At least it's something a bit different from the norm.
Original post by WhimsicalSloth
Yeah :smile: and I remember my parent's reactions when I asked for red walls and a black carpet was absolutely priceless. But I like it, it reminds me of a ladybug. :tongue: At least it's something a bit different from the norm.

Black and red was big in the 80's :fyi:

but then so was a lot of stuff
http://www.housetohome.co.uk/articles/news/7-decorating-schemes-that-only-worked-in-the-1980s_532837.html

Oh lordy- my grandparents have artex ceilings and I remember being continuously freaked out whenever I had to sleep over as a kid because the shadows in the ceiling patterns used to form weird faces. :tongue: I had no idea about the 80's trend though. :smile: Thanks for the link!
Reply 15
Red door and skirting board is abit too much. I'd prefer them white. But if you like it then who cares!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My bedroom used to be red before it was redecorated recently.
It's grey now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending