The Student Room Group

Think i've fallen in love

* didn't intend on the post being this long .. sorry 2 key problems are bullet pointed at the end of post *

So my ex boyfriend broke up with me in December 2015 (together for 2.5years) and he didn't end it in a closure time or way .. anyway fastforward past the confusion and tears..

January 2016 - I have no idea was possessed me to do it but I downloaded tinder on 12th January (totally out of character for me) but never really had the intention of meeting anyone in real life, was purely just to pass time etc.

On the 13th (Wednesday) started talking to this guy, we then talked all day everyday on tinder until the Sunday evening (17th) when he asked for my phone number. We then proceeded to talk every day without fail and agreed to meet the following weekend (23rd). I was very nervous and actively voiced that but the date itself was a disaster as the plans we had fell through so we just walked and talked for hours. When it was time to leave he said bye and I asked for a hug /: and then left. I was adamant I wouldn't hear from him again but he had text me before I had even got home. We continued to talk every day and started to see each other every Sunday. It wasn't until the 3rd date that we had our first kiss then another 3 weeks later that we slept together and became official boyfriend/girlfriend.

So we have officially been together since 28th Feb. We both deleted tinder at the end of January and talk every day and we never go to bed without saying goodnight. I really like him and he has said the same - we both say we miss each other if a week passes where we can't see each other and I really feel like I've fallen for him. There have been a few occasions recently when we've said goodbye that the "I love you" has nearly slipped out and I've had to hold it in.

Problem 1 - he has actively said he doesn't say mushy stuff, so I'm terrified of telling him.

Problem 2 - I'm totally over my ex but I'm worried that because I met my current bf a month after my ex broke up with me that I'm only feeling the way I am as some form of rebound
Why are you just trying to second guess stuff so much? You've been together 4 months and are having a nice time so I don't think your ex necessarily has anything to do with it. Likewise I don't know why you are being paranoid about telling him you love him. Just because he doesn't say "mushy" stuff doesn't mean you have to restrict everything you say. Likewise you hardly need to be a poet to say three words.

Just enjoy it.
Reply 2
Original post by Elivercury
Why are you just trying to second guess stuff so much? You've been together 4 months and are having a nice time so I don't think your ex necessarily has anything to do with it. Likewise I don't know why you are being paranoid about telling him you love him. Just because he doesn't say "mushy" stuff doesn't mean you have to restrict everything you say. Likewise you hardly need to be a poet to say three words.

Just enjoy it.

I completely get what you're saying and if I was giving advice to someone else I'd say the same thing - but what if he doesn't feel the same way or thinks that it's way too soon for me to be saying "love" - im just going to make things really awkward
Original post by Anonymous
I completely get what you're saying and if I was giving advice to someone else I'd say the same thing - but what if he doesn't feel the same way or thinks that it's way too soon for me to be saying "love" - im just going to make things really awkward

If he doesn't feel the same way, probably better to find out now than on your wedding day. Worst case you get a gauge for where he is at, best case he says it back and you live happily ever after.

If you're having to suppress yourself for your relationship to work, your relationship isn't working.
If you feel it, say it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending