The Student Room Group

Do I need to loose weight?

Hello!

So quite lately I've been anxious about my weight, expecially now it's summer and everyone is going on holiday and wearing bikinis and crop tops etc.

I'm currently 6ft tall (have always been this height since the age of 18) and now I'm 21 and stopped growing. I currently weight around 13 stone which I think is quite heavy as I've been a lot lighter in the past years. Last year I was around 12.7 stone. However I keep putting on weight and I hate it.

I eat healthy, walk everywhere and even signed up to the gym yet I'm not loosing any weight. I also have quite big boobs which I feel takes up a lot of my upper body. I think it's my stomach and thigh/hip area I want to work on.

Does anybody have any suggestions? I would really like to loose some weight this summer before going back to University.
Original post by Foodandcolour95
Hello!

So quite lately I've been anxious about my weight, expecially now it's summer and everyone is going on holiday and wearing bikinis and crop tops etc.

I'm currently 6ft tall (have always been this height since the age of 18) and now I'm 21 and stopped growing. I currently weight around 13 stone which I think is quite heavy as I've been a lot lighter in the past years. Last year I was around 12.7 stone. However I keep putting on weight and I hate it.

I eat healthy, walk everywhere and even signed up to the gym yet I'm not loosing any weight. I also have quite big boobs which I feel takes up a lot of my upper body. I think it's my stomach and thigh/hip area I want to work on.

Does anybody have any suggestions? I would really like to loose some weight this summer before going back to University.

I'm 6ft 2 and i weigh 12.5 stone's, i am considered quite slim. I dont think you need to lose that much weight tbh. Download MyFitnessPal and track your caloric intake. Firstly, you need to calculate how many calories you need to maitain your weight and then consume less.
Reply 2
or you can check Fitatu calorie counter
1/2 a stone really isn't much and it's not unusual to gain a little fat between 18 and 21 - you're not a child anymore!

I would guess you still look slim at that weight but if you're concerned just try and eat a little healthier, it's easy to do in the summer when you crave salad/fruit more than carbier things
According to the information you provided you have a BMI of 24.6. So, you're very close of being classed as 'overweight'. No offence but you can't be eating THAT healthily if you're on the verge of being overweight. Don't worry too much just cut out meat and dairy. Make changes gradually over time because it'll be difficult to do it all in one day. Also, cut out foods that seem healthy but are very high in fat e.g nuts/seeds, olive oil e.t.c

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending