The Student Room Group

Coming out

I still don't know wearher to come out to everyone yet. my mum is the only one that knows I'm gay. I think my older sisters and best friends think I'm gay I just don't know how to come out to them
just say it! and leave everything to your faith :colondollar:
Original post by Anonymous
I still don't know wearher to come out to everyone yet. my mum is the only one that knows I'm gay. I think my older sisters and best friends think I'm gay I just don't know how to come out to them

Put it this way; there is no perfect way to come out to the people you know. It's best for you to just say it and see where it goes. Anyone who doesn't accept you for who you are, cut them out. You don't need their negativity. Anyways, I wish you luck with your coming out...
Reply 3
I'm just really nervous about coming out
Reply 4
Original post by Adamski191
Put it this way; there is no perfect way to come out to the people you know. It's best for you to just say it and see where it goes. Anyone who doesn't accept you for who you are, cut them out. You don't need their negativity. Anyways, I wish you luck with your coming out...

Thanks i have asked my mum if she could tell my sisters but she thinks I should tell them
Thanks i have asked my mum if she could tell my sisters but she thinks I should tell them

You honestly should. Honesty is the best policy. I joke of course. Well...I don't, but I do. You get it don't you?
Are you worried they might reject you or something? If your mum is okay with it, I'm sure they will be too. Before you come out it seems like the scariest thing in the world. Afterwards you just feel free. You feel normal, I guess. I felt so normal and it was weird because I thought I felt normal before, but how can you feel 'normal' hiding a huge part of yourself from the people you love around you? I've written normal so many times now it doesn't even feel like a word anymore. Anyway, I digress. You'll feel better for it, I'm sure. That weight being off your shoulders is just so amazing, even if you didn't know it was there in the first place. I knew most people would accept me and wouldn't think of me differently and when I told my friends and everything sank in for me, it was like I could finally breathe even though I didn't realise I was even holding my breath beforehand. Little of this probably makes any sense because I'm really tired right now, but do it. If it's safe to do it, always do it.
Reply 7

Remember, that there are a loooot of people who are in the same situation!! Your sisters should be fine with that as most likely they want you to be happy. If they will not like it, they should get used to it after some time. It is very good that your mother knows it and accepts it. If your friends will leave or discriminate you, it means that they were NOT your real friends. This is the point where you find out who your really close people are!! Say it because it is YOUR happiness, love and future, not theirs! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by In2u
Remember, that there are a loooot of people who are in the same situation!! Your sisters should be fine with that as most likely they want you to be happy. If they will not like it, they should get used to it after some time. It is very good that your mother knows it and accepts it. If your friends will leave or discriminate you, it means that they were NOT your real friends. This is the point where you find out who your really close people are!! Say it because it is YOUR happiness, love and future, not theirs! :smile:

I have come out to my sisters and they were cool about it :-)
Reply 9
It was also quite awkward though lol :-/ they were asking me if I have a boyfriend :-/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending