The Student Room Group

I'm skinny and it's really annoying me...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
i have a pet dog and I have black hair.

Who are sidetracking. What has that got to do with this discussion.
Original post by BobSausage
All you skinny people showing off :frown: I'm 85kg. Supposedly at 6ft 2 that's acceptable but I still feel fat and have no muscle on my arms.

That is a bad case of skinny-fat which affects many men today. You eat too much and do little exercise especially it's your arms, hence most of the fat goes to your belly and chest, creating a dirty gut and a sorry pair of manboobs. I would suggest cutting down to 15% body fat (which I am guessing would be around 72kg give or take a few) while doing some proper strenuous body weight and compound exercise.

If you are serious about losing fat, then swimming is a great exercise. Another amazing exercise that few people know about is walking for six miles which a rucksack carrying 25kg of free weights. That with the proper diet, and complimentary body weight and compound exercises will absolutely rip your body to shreds.
Original post by Mvine001
Who are sidetracking. What has that got to do with this discussion.

you started it. anyway, im interested to hear what you think gaining or losing body weight is based on if not food then.
you started it. anyway, im interested to hear what you think gaining or losing body weight is based on if not food then.

Exercise. That's what body weight is based on, and I do loads of exercise
Original post by MaterialBoy
So I'm somewhat skinny. Like I can wrap my hands around my bicep without flexing and I can touch my middle finger with my thumb. I'm 16 male and I've always been fairly skinny. I'm pretty sure it's just one of those everyone develops differently kind of things. But it's summer and I really want to wear tanktops. See, when I put them on my body actually seems in proportion and I personally think it looks okay. But I'm thinking of just ignoring what others may think and just going for it. Also I am going to the gym but I really need to start going more often.

Do you agree?

if you dont like something in your body, change it

go drink drink half a gallon of full fat milk everyday for a few weeks on top of what you normally eat and exercise and come back and tell me how much food/drink doesnt impact your body weight pal

A good diet is about 80% of building muscle, exercise is very important but you will never build it without goodnutrtition
go drink drink half a gallon of full fat milk everyday for a few weeks on top of what you normally eat and exercise and come back and tell me how much food/drink doesnt impact your body weight pal

food is important but full fat milk... not a very good example
So I'm somewhat skinny. Like I can wrap my hands around my bicep without flexing and I can touch my middle finger with my thumb. I'm 16 male and I've always been fairly skinny. I'm pretty sure it's just one of those everyone develops differently kind of things. But it's summer and I really want to wear tanktops. See, when I put them on my body actually seems in proportion and I personally think it looks okay. But I'm thinking of just ignoring what others may think and just going for it. Also I am going to the gym but I really need to start going more often.

Do you agree?

Check some of these out if you want
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/vinced10.htm
https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2013/07/17/a-skinny-guys-guide-to-building-muscle-and-bulking-up/
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/vinced3.htm
http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/skinny-man-transformation-plan
Food will not always improve body weight. I have evidence. Read my earlier post.

I 100% guarantee you will gain weight if you eat more. If you don't it means you have a medical condition and should see a doctor.
Reply 50
Original post by SirMilkSheikh
That is a bad case of skinny-fat which affects many men today. You eat too much and do little exercise especially it's your arms, hence most of the fat goes to your belly and chest, creating a dirty gut and a sorry pair of manboobs. I would suggest cutting down to 15% body fat (which I am guessing would be around 72kg give or take a few) while doing some proper strenuous body weight and compound exercise.

If you are serious about losing fat, then swimming is a great exercise. Another amazing exercise that few people know about is walking for six miles which a rucksack carrying 25kg of free weights. That with the proper diet, and complimentary body weight and compound exercises will absolutely rip your body to shreds.

Well I have a fair set of muscles in my legs, I run occasionally and I speed walk 2km to school then 2km back most days. But all my fat really runs to my upper legs rather than my chest, and a bit on my lower chest (stomach area) but no moobs. But thank you for your advice, I'll try and lose a bit but I doubt I'll reach 72kg.
Original post by BobSausage
Well I have a fair set of muscles in my legs, I run occasionally and I speed walk 2km to school then 2km back most days. But all my fat really runs to my upper legs rather than my chest, and a bit on my lower chest (stomach area) but no moobs. But thank you for your advice, I'll try and lose a bit but I doubt I'll reach 72kg.

Ok, good luck. I am 6'1" and was 85kg at the start of 2016. I am 70-71kg now, and confident that I will have lost the last of my belly fat by 2017.

Try doing it when you're not allowed dairy, 'pal'

replace with; add +500 kcal on to your daily intake then, same idea.

Do you agree?

I guess u should eat meat and stuff like that so ur muscles could develop and go to gym more often ...its all I can think of right now...hope that helps!!^^:wink::smile:
replace with; add +500 kcal on to your daily intake then, same idea.

I think I eat way more than what you're suggesting. I'll add the 500kcal onto that. Maybe that'll work? Anyway, this thread isn't about me.

Use a nut or soy milk... simple solution is simple if you want to take that route
Look, Materialboy opened this thread, not me. Let's just get back to tank tops and whatnot.
I'm the biggest eater in my family.
Original post by Greg Jackson
eat more...
I mentioned I can wrap my hand round my bicep without flexing and my middle finger can touch my thumb when I do that.
Original post by Legendstatusxoxo
Touch your middle finger with your thumb? Can't everyone with a hand do that?

Quick Reply

Latest