The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Almost every uni is in clearing!
I hope I don't get to choose this tool. Also, can you tell me that if my results are coming on 11th (and you said uni will get it on 13th) so will I get my CAS later (i.e. after 18th)?

Any CIE current or previous student can help me out?
Original post by Student403
is it possible? yes of course - you could do a levels completely through your own teaching

it's more down to whether or not your school will allow it. it doesn't break any rules though so you shouldn't have to. and they would be wrong to force you

yeah, hopefully :redface: it would suck to have to go into school because i've covered all the content.. it was literally poor performance on the day of my exam (and a certain lack of past papers for a certain physics unit) that are going to let me down :|
Original post by Serine Soul
comme ci, comme ça :redface:

:cube:
Original post by tanyapotter
yeah, hopefully :redface: it would suck to have to go into school because i've covered all the content.. it was literally poor performance on the day of my exam (and a certain lack of past papers for a certain physics unit) that are going to let me down :|

As long as you explain that to them (if resits are even needed), they should have no problem letting you do your own thing and just coming in for exams at the end of the year

But please go to uni if you have the option :teeth:
Original post by Student403
As long as you explain that to them (if resits are even needed), they should have no problem letting you do your own thing and just coming in for exams at the end of the year

But please go to uni if you have the option :teeth:

on results' day someone is going to have to literally slap the pride out of me and tell me to just go to university this year lmao

wbu my dude are u ready for cornell?!!!
Original post by HassanAftab
Almost every uni is in clearing!
I hope I don't get to choose this tool. Also, can you tell me that if my results are coming on 11th (and you said uni will get it on 13th) so will I get my CAS later (i.e. after 18th)?

Any CIE current or previous student can help me out?

If you meet your offers your CAS should be issued on or around the 18th.

There's a chance it could come sooner - if you meet your offer ring your firm up ASAP to let them know you know your grades (they can't speak to you about grades/confirmation/CASs etc unless you already have them) and ask when your CAS will be issued. It will depend on the university how many CIE applicants they have and whether the people who issue CASs are the same people dealing with the A level results from all their other applicants.
I am absolutely terrified. I want to hide in a cave forever 😩
Did anyone here do MEI Maths/fm this year??
I have a feeling that I am going to miss results day next but yeah I don't know :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyome else having the obligatory results day nightmares? Although last night I dreamt I got AAA then felt massive disappointment when I woke up 😥
Anyone else having the obligatory results day nightmares? Although last night I dreamt I got AAA then felt massive disappointment when I woke up 😥
Almost had a heart attack when I saw 16 days :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:
Original post by Lularose83
Anyone else having the obligatory results day nightmares? Although last night I dreamt I got AAA then felt massive disappointment when I woke up 😥

I still have nightmares about results day...but I did my A-Levels 2 years ago. :nooo:
Original post by PotatoChip
I agree with you so much! I felt so confident after doing every past paper for both BY4 and BY5 and was getting the required grades. The only things I did like about both papers though, were the essay questions. They were a godsend. I just hope the grade boundaries will be low.

Yes I agree, the essay questions were good. The grade boundaries should hopefully be low, Whatever happens Good luck...
Original post by usycool1
I still have nightmares about results day...but I did my A-Levels 2 years ago. :nooo:

It's all a bit traumatising I think! 😬
Original post by target21859
My French paper was so messy. I crossed out tons of stuff out, wrote in circles to avoid the crossed out part, wrote really small underneath the dotted lines and put *s to add bits in which I wrote right at the bottom of the page in the blank space. And to add to that my rs look like ns and my ts look like rs. Hopefully it'll turn out okay. I really do. I don't know how they mark work like mine hopefully they don't just ignore it because they deem it illegible. It's been marked now so worrying won't change it I guess. I feel sorry for the examined marking mine XD

I know right thats me in every exam:frown:
Original post by Lularose83
It's all a bit traumatising I think! 😬

Depends on the outcome I guess 🙄
If people are nervous about results day, why not volunteer or take a short course :smile:
It will ease your mind and add to your CV
With Edexcel Maths, I know most mark schemes have already been released, are examiner reports likely to be released soon too? Or do these tend to come out the day before results day like grade boundaries?
It's taking ages for results day to come around... Been keeping myself busy with work, volunteering, babysitting and meeting up with old friends, but it still seems to be going ridiculously slowly.

Quick Reply

Latest