The Student Room Group

Abusive relationships

Around a year ago, I managed to have the courage to leave my abuse realionship. I was 16 at the time and suffered terrible physical and emotional abuse.
However, I managed to achieve an impressive 9As and 2a* at a GCSE and am now in an extremely happy relationship. I am currently studying my A levels and are awaiting results.
I am writing this to let others girls and boys who are in a situation like I was that it will get better, do not let another person define your worth and people do care and can help you😌 Leaving is the first step and things will only get eaiser from there.
Original post by Anonymous
Around a year ago, I managed to have the courage to leave my abuse realionship. I was 16 at the time and suffered terrible physical and emotional abuse.
However, I managed to achieve an impressive 9As and 2a* at a GCSE and am now in an extremely happy relationship. I am currently studying my A levels and are awaiting results.
I am writing this to let others girls and boys who are in a situation like I was that it will get better, do not let another person define your worth and people do care and can help you😌 Leaving is the first step and things will only get eaiser from there.

:borat: yes. This. It's not easy to leave so it's good to see that someone has done it and gone on to do well for themselves :h:
Hiya, I'm in an abusive relationship at the minute. I am scared to leave. Can i ask how you coped in the relationship? Im really emotionally and mentally but I'm more scared of leaving.

Sure hope it goes good for me. Been 3 months since I left the relationship. Wasn't doing any good to my self and everyone in my life. Funilly, that person got bored and wanted a break because of family problems (Which the family problem is true not the real reason for putting a break on me). I overthink a lot and think my self as a bad person. Hopefully things will get better day by day. Currently waiting for GCSE results day and *****ing it. I hope I do well, I really worked my ass off with the constant stress of this and paranoid thoughts.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hiya, Sorry you had to go through this. I am currently in an abusive relationship but I don't know what to do. I'm too scared in case he does anything worse. Is it possible for you to give me any pointers on what to do?
Proud of you. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending