The Student Room Group

Is there a time limit to do a 3rd year after FDA?

Hi :-)
I have a foundation degree in fashion and textiles design. I got in to do the 3rd year that would have topped it up to a full BA degree but I didn't take up the offer. I stopped after the 2 years and graduated with a merit instead. I didn't do the 3rd year as I had a baby at the end of my first year (I'm a mature student) and didn't do as well as I'd have liked to in my second year due to having a newborn baby to look after as well as study. I didn't want to half ass my third year and I wanted to be there for my daughter.
Anyway, I graduated in 2012 and my daughter is now at school and so I feel like I want to go back but I'm worrying I've left it too late. I'd want to start next Sept (2017).
Is there a time limit?
If there isn't is it likely they will let me back to do my 3rd year after taking time off? I haven't really done anything all that relevant in the last few years, just looking after my kids and running a small jewellery business. I still sew and so still have the skills, and I'd work on my portfolio before interview, but worried because I'm not fresh off my second year! Thoughts?
Reply 1
Original post by MMFP
Hi :-)
I have a foundation degree in fashion and textiles design. I got in to do the 3rd year that would have topped it up to a full BA degree but I didn't take up the offer. I stopped after the 2 years and graduated with a merit instead. I didn't do the 3rd year as I had a baby at the end of my first year (I'm a mature student) and didn't do as well as I'd have liked to in my second year due to having a newborn baby to look after as well as study. I didn't want to half ass my third year and I wanted to be there for my daughter.
Anyway, I graduated in 2012 and my daughter is now at school and so I feel like I want to go back but I'm worrying I've left it too late. I'd want to start next Sept (2017).
Is there a time limit?
If there isn't is it likely they will let me back to do my 3rd year after taking time off? I haven't really done anything all that relevant in the last few years, just looking after my kids and running a small jewellery business. I still sew and so still have the skills, and I'd work on my portfolio before interview, but worried because I'm not fresh off my second year! Thoughts?

You should really ask your previous university. They are the ones who can advise you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi @MMFP -

It's an exciting and nerve-wracking time when you decide to complete your degree. Providing that you have your Foundation Degree (certificate and possibly transcript) then you could apply to top-up at your previous institution or elsewhere should you choose. As advised above, speak with the relevant Admissions Team and they'd be happy to help.

All best,
Lou

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending