The Student Room Group

I have an addiction to eating skin... Am I a Weirdo???

Ok, please don't judge me for this. Ever since I was a kid I always had a strange obsession with tasting everything I could. I put everything in my mouth...Rocks, mud, flowers, toys, glass and toys. But above all, my favourite has always been skin. I don't just mean flakes, I mean small strips of skin. The bad thing is that I like my own the most, and sometimes cut a thin strip of skin from one of my extremities and place it on my tongue to savour the taste. One time my friend was sunburnt and when his skin was peeling after the initial burn, I peeled some from his back and put it in my pocket to try later, under the guise of doing it for fun.
It's gotten out of hand, and I have jars of my own skin under my bed in an attempt to mature them and produce a variety of flavours. I've been seeing a psychologist about this and i am understanding the underlying roots of this behaviour but I want to get a genuine public view of this.
It's perfectly normal, to the degree that a sustainable form of cannibalism can be considered normal.
Reply 2
:lolwut: Pica gone wrong
You sure you want a 'genuine public view' about what you posted?
Original post by humanfurby
Ok, please don't judge me for this. Ever since I was a kid I always had a strange obsession with tasting everything I could. I put everything in my mouth...Rocks, mud, flowers, toys, glass and toys. But above all, my favourite has always been skin. I don't just mean flakes, I mean small strips of skin. The bad thing is that I like my own the most, and sometimes cut a thin strip of skin from one of my extremities and place it on my tongue to savour the taste. One time my friend was sunburnt and when his skin was peeling after the initial burn, I peeled some from his back and put it in my pocket to try later, under the guise of doing it for fun.
It's gotten out of hand, and I have jars of my own skin under my bed in an attempt to mature them and produce a variety of flavours. I've been seeing a psychologist about this and i am understanding the underlying roots of this behaviour but I want to get a genuine public view of this.

There are worse things to get an addiction to I suppose. You do you
Reply 5
I was gonna sympathise and say that I bite the skin around my nails all the time but I think I underestimated the extent of your addiction!!

If you're being sincere it must be pretty damn serious for you to have jars - addictions are usually built on impulsive behaviour whereas this jar thing seems really planned and premeditated.

I really don't know how seriously to take this but if it is serious then I dunno... obviously it's not normal... but you say you're getting help so.... :s-smilie: :s-smilie: :s-smilie:
Reply 6
I like how you have a laboratory under your bed where you grow flavoured skin cells lol. Impressive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by humanfurby

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pica_(disorder)
It's not 'normal' to the extent you are doing it, but if its any consolation when i was younger I used to pull my hair out and eat it. I was really bald. It's a psychological disorder called PICA. You might also have nutritional deficiency/ Anemia. When I was anemic I had a compulsion to eat soap. It does get better with time and sometimes therapy.
Reply 8
Original post by crustyegg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pica_(disorder)
It's not 'normal' to the extent you are doing it, but if its any consolation when i was younger I used to pull my hair out and eat it. I was really bald. It's a psychological disorder called PICA. You might also have nutritional deficiency/ Anemia. When I was anemic I had a compulsion to eat soap. It does get better with time and sometimes therapy.

:frown:
Reply 9
What do you think guys ?
When you eat it do you prefer the skin to be soft or crispy?
Reply 11
Original post by bassbabe
When you eat it do you prefer the skin to be soft or crispy?

Crispy
Reply 12
I thought you were potato skins.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending