The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Peterhouse Admissions
I'd be very happy to hear from anyone with questions or comments about Cambridge's work with schools and colleges and our provision of information through events, open days and website, or from anyone with any questions about my schools liaison work - has your school been visited by a Cambridge rep? What did you think?

Which region does Peterhouse cover (yeah I know I could google... :wink: ) ?

What's the best question a school pupil has asked you?
Original post by jneill
Which region does Peterhouse cover (yeah I know I could google... :wink: ) ?

What's the best question a school pupil has asked you?

Our link areas are Oxfordshire, Nottinghamshire and Hillingdon. Cambridge is overhauling the way we relate to Cambridgeshire so we'll be adding some Cambridgeshire schools to our portfolio this year as well. Of course, we don't just work in our link areas and get to travel all over the UK.

There are plenty of very good and insightful questions, along with all the usual ones but the ones that have absolutely left me wondering where to begin are one like 'I heard there's a 10PM curfew' or 'are students allowed to drink alcohol at Cambridge?'
We typically give STEP conditions to about 40-50% of Engineering offer holders. We do consider near misses sympathetically and candidates who meet the A level part of their offer are Summer Pooled, but remember your place is only guaranteed if you meet the exact terms of the offer. We don't ask for STEP II or III for Engineering. Candidates interviewed overseas are interviewed by one team on behalf of all colleges so you won't sit college-specific tests, you'll just have the University-wide admissions assessments and interview.

Thank you for your reply ! Is it possible if I take STEP I even if it is not on the offer requirement? If so, will the college ask for the grade if I have taken STEP?
Original post by JohnCraigh
Thank you for your reply ! Is it possible if I take STEP I even if it is not on the offer requirement? If so, will the college ask for the grade if I have taken STEP?

You do not need to take STEP before applying. If you have taken STEP before applying then you should report the grade achieved. If you achieved a I in STEP I then we almost certainly wouldn't ask you to take it again.
Our link areas are Oxfordshire, Nottinghamshire and Hillingdon. Cambridge is overhauling the way we relate to Cambridgeshire so we'll be adding some Cambridgeshire schools to our portfolio this year as well. Of course, we don't just work in our link areas and get to travel all over the UK.

There are plenty of very good and insightful questions, along with all the usual ones but the ones that have absolutely left me wondering where to begin are one like 'I heard there's a 10PM curfew' or 'are students allowed to drink alcohol at Cambridge?'

Ha :smile:

Although I presume the same guidelines apply of not being too noisy too late as at any shared accommodation. But yes not a curfew!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I see @Christ's Admissions is away but I have one more day in the office before I'm off for the Bank Holiday too. Therefore I think that we'll close this thread tonight - next week I'll be busy planning outreach and recruitment events for the 2016-17 school year, not to mention preparing for the upcoming admissions round. @Christ's Admissions will be around all of next week.

So ask away until 15:00 today!

This thread is now closed @Peterhouse Admissions request.

A brand new "Ask Peterhouse" thread will appear soon... :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending