The Student Room Group

How to stop giving a girl attention!

I'll shorten the story...

I told a girl I like her and she said she is interested in someone else. We still talk like 2 months later and we talk a lot, conversation normally lasting like 5+ hours (response time from straight away to 10 mins) most days and it's normally just before we go to bed. I'm friend zoned so much that she talks to me about sex and gets really deep into relationship stuff, not about her but about me and finding someone....

I love talking to her and wish I could just be with her but she is not interested. She's a really good friend but it's hard just to see her as a friend, I've not responded to her last text which was a response to mine saying "Get back tomorrow, my feet hurts so much!x"...

Every time I see a picture of her I just fall in 'love' and get annoyed that I can't be with her as she's perfect!

Do I just not respond to her anymore when she text me or what should I do???
For your own sake to move on and find someone who's actually into you, I'd give her less attention and focus more on finding other girls. She'll probably get jealous because she doesn't have you all to herself
Go no contact. Cut all ties on social media, etc. Then find another girl and send the old one a picture of you two together to get her jealous. Then you can go back to her.

I'd feel like a cuck if the chick I was interested in was talking to me about sex with other men.
Reply 3
Oh, you sound like me when I was young and a low T cuck.

Women aren't perfect. They are the opposite of perfect. The fact that you're idealising her shows that you aren't ready to be around women - they will exploit you, chew you up and spit you out, at worst, and if they have some kind of soul or heart, like this one seems to, they will friend zone you.

If you truly love this girl, tell her that you won't be friends with her, and you have feels and won't just be a beta chump talking partner. Then tell her that if she cares about you, when you talk to her the next time, she'll give you a chance romantically.

Then don't talk to her for years, until you grow into a man. It'll be difficult and you'll be tempted to make arrogant mistakes, and contact her before you're ready. I did, and I screwed up the chance I had. And I really really loved this girl.

Once you are truly, truly ready, talk to her again.

Signs of being truly ready:

You are as confident and willing to speak your mind on the internet as you are off the internet. This means that you can handle yourself in a fight and you recognise that your role as a Man is a warrior and (metaphorical) killer.
You can benchpress your body weight.
You have a good job or are in the final stages of a strong degree.
You have slept with multiple women.
You have genuinely loved other girls who you slept with.
You don't care if this girl who you fancy so much rejects you again, and if she does, YOU are strong enough to friendzone, but actually eventually sideline and ignore her. Women who aren't your sexual partners or related to you are not worth your time, for attractive men.
You realise that, as a woman, she is the potential lesser partner, that her opinions are worth less than yours, and not at all when she disagree with you, and annoying/teasing/bullying her until she gets angry and refuses to talk to you/sulks/etc. is funny.
You are capable of having really dominant sex with her and making her orgasm repeatedly.

When you can do all those things (aka you have balls) she will find you naturally attractive and want to love you.
Reply 4
PS. Most of the time you're overrating her. If you know what you're doing and you're not a weakling, girls are a dime a dozen.
I suggest you leave her life for your own sake. I've been in this situation and eventually I got tired of her **** and cut her off because she was making me unhappy.

I reconnected with a girl who has an extremely promiscuous past and now she's a celibate and doesn't do relationships.

We got super close, like she would show me she's ignoring everyone else and only wanted to speak to me, bearing in mind she's popular af and has loads of people fighting for her attention. We were friends but it was more like a flirtationship to the point where we'd pretend to be a married couple.
However she was obsessed with speaking about other guys all the time. Guys she has slept with/who stalk her/who are into her. Literally every day she'd shut our convo down by talking about them, like lol how am I even supposed to reply to that?

I know everything about her past and it didn't bother me when we reconnected, except I never did let myself get attached or develop feelings for her. I knew she had loads of guys in her life and stuff but it pissed me off and bored me to death how she'd mention them all the time like I just don't want to hear it.

Anyway, something she did to make me jealous made me lose interest and I stopped putting in effort, so it was her messaging me first all the time and we didn't talk after a week and then 2 weeks. We sorted that out and ended up speaking every day again but then after a few more weeks she start again and I'd cut the convos short and just not reply
she knew it bothered me and did it on purpose, then one night I was totally over her s.h.i.t and didn't reply bc I was dropping her and that was the end we just didn't speak again with no explanation or anything
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous

I told a girl I like her and she said she is interested in someone else. We still talk like 2 months later and we talk a lot, conversation normally lasting like 5+ hours (response time from straight away to 10 mins) most days and it's normally just before we go to bed. I'm friend zoned so much that she talks to me about sex and gets really deep into relationship stuff, not about her but about me and finding someone....

I love talking to her and wish I could just be with her but she is not interested. She's a really good friend but it's hard just to see her as a friend, I've not responded to her last text which was a response to mine saying "Get back tomorrow, my feet hurts so much!x"...

Every time I see a picture of her I just fall in 'love' and get annoyed that I can't be with her as she's perfect!

best to cut contact with her imo.

will be like an emotional body blow when it comes the time that she is dating someone else and having to see that paraded infront of you all the time.

some girls though seem to feel "hurt" and upset when a guy who fancies them suddenly drops contact after she has rejected them. A girl I once met told me that each time a friend said they fancied her, and she rejected them they would usually stop talking to her basically cutting ties. She seemed genuinely upset that this was happening and seemed not to know why. I was sorta friends with her at the time. A few weeks later, i asked her out. She told me she can't and that she has a bf. And that was the last time I ever spoke to her. Sorry, but i just didn't want to be around someone who's rejected me.
How to stop giving a girl attention? Hmm I wonder...

Better message her and find out!
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous

If it was me mate I'd tell her my feelings, if I lost her friendship, then so be it, but that's me.

Or hint that you like her? Or have you already?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 41b
Oh, you sound like me when I was young and a low T cuck.

Women aren't perfect. They are the opposite of perfect. The fact that you're idealising her shows that you aren't ready to be around women - they will exploit you, chew you up and spit you out, at worst, and if they have some kind of soul or heart, like this one seems to, they will friend zone you.

If you truly love this girl, tell her that you won't be friends with her, and you have feels and won't just be a beta chump talking partner. Then tell her that if she cares about you, when you talk to her the next time, she'll give you a chance romantically.

Then don't talk to her for years, until you grow into a man. It'll be difficult and you'll be tempted to make arrogant mistakes, and contact her before you're ready. I did, and I screwed up the chance I had. And I really really loved this girl.

Once you are truly, truly ready, talk to her again.

Signs of being truly ready:

You are as confident and willing to speak your mind on the internet as you are off the internet. This means that you can handle yourself in a fight and you recognise that your role as a Man is a warrior and (metaphorical) killer.
You can benchpress your body weight.
You have a good job or are in the final stages of a strong degree.
You have slept with multiple women.
You have genuinely loved other girls who you slept with.
You don't care if this girl who you fancy so much rejects you again, and if she does, YOU are strong enough to friendzone, but actually eventually sideline and ignore her. Women who aren't your sexual partners or related to you are not worth your time, for attractive men.
You realise that, as a woman, she is the potential lesser partner, that her opinions are worth less than yours, and not at all when she disagree with you, and annoying/teasing/bullying her until she gets angry and refuses to talk to you/sulks/etc. is funny.
You are capable of having really dominant sex with her and making her orgasm repeatedly.

When you can do all those things (aka you have balls) she will find you naturally attractive and want to love you.

OP read this, I was in a situation where I fell in love with a girl I knew, who I used to hang out with. Before long she knew I loved her and didn't hesitate to mess me around, ask me to get her stuff, buy her friends stuff, I bought her valentines, and spent quite a lot of money, she's not a 10/10 neither, and she was attracted to me, before I spilt to the beans and went beta mode because I cared/wanted her so much, and as my female friend said, she exploited my loyalty, eventually I refused to buy her friends stuff(they said they'd give me a money, but I am not a chump). She'd message me back eventually always, or ask to meet when she was with her friends, sort of ignore/ not speak to me much and tease me needlessly, when I demanded to know if she was interested in anyway she ignored me, then when I demanded to know because I didn't want to waste my time anymore, she said "hmmm I guess" to hanging out with just us, got longed off twice by her, one because she didn't want to go that day and another because she was going on holiday the next day. Since she's been back from holiday, we aint spoken for 3 weeks, she hasn't mentioned the date, though this is the last time I really do anything for a girl.
Now I am talking to her friend, who's much less *****y might I add, about 3 other girls, asked a girl for her number last night. Had a girl round for a cuddle etc the other day... even though she had a bf, who "dumped her" the day after, she's coming round again...
So OP, don't idolize her, she's not perfect, probably a sket, once you have rose tinted glasses you end up a beta chump, In my opinion, women do not want love, they want to love you. That girl that comes round, spams messages, asking if I like her etc and I just tease her, luckily she don't want a bf and our chat basically admits she wants to **** very blatently lmao, so I should have fun the next time she see's me.
Hey there,

This is going to sound harsh and I'm sure you really won't want to hear this- but I was in the exact same place just this past year, but with the roles reversed: Drop her and put yourself first. I'm sure she is a fantastic girl, but the longer this goes on- the more it will hurt you.

She isn't going to change her mind- and you will hold on to false hope thinking that maybe one day she will just take a chance on you.You could treat her like a queen, but you honestly deserve to be with someone who wants to actually be with you.Someone who will see the beauty that you posses. I put said guy on a pedestal because I thought he was the bees knees- but I was blind sighted because I was so in love with him and the way he treated me just got silly. I chalk it up to experience and a testament to youth. I was young and I put up with settling for less than I deserved and he just played with my emotions. It got to this ridiculous point were we agreed to be FWB- 4 days later he got angry at me for flirting with him. I was a willing participant , but I was worth more than just being a F**k buddy. He would never see me as GF material when i honestly cared about him .

Don't do a straight freeze out, message her back- but be honest with her- tell her that you can't carry on like this anymore.You just need space and time to get her out of your head and you hope that she will understand. It's not because you don't care- but right now you can't be around her.

Then stop talking to her. Next will come the huge wave of sadness that you will need to work through. You will feel a huge loss because you have been so close to her and you will get through it. Will it hurt? Yes. Will you be tempted to cave in in the middle of the night? Yes. But you have to distract yourself fill in those hour gaps- find out stuff you like. Read books, join the gym. Listen to heartbreak songs- because it kinda is like a break up even though you never dated. You will meet someone else and when you do it will literally be out of nowhere. Here if you want to talk.
(edited 7 years ago)
hahahahahahahahhahaha
hahahahahhahahahahaha

hahahahahahhahahahahah
my feet hurt
trololhahahahatop****ingkek

u deserved to be cucked
AHAHAHAHHAHAHA
Just invest time and energy into yourself OP.

I shouldn't have laughed, but "my feet hurt"... LOL.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by redbronze1
Just invest time and energy into yourself OP.

I shouldn't have laughed, but "my feet hurt"... LOL.

Why is that funny?
Original post by SMEGGGY
If it was me mate I'd tell her my feelings, if I lost her friendship, then so be it, but that's me.

Or hint that you like her? Or have you already?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've already told her that I liked her and she said she was interested in someone else, that was 2 months ago. From posting this I have sent her another message but in a response to one of her snapchat stories, she replied instantly. After like 5 messages I thought to myself "what am I doing" and didn't reply...

I've not gone into detail of how much I like her, I don't know if it would be a good idea or not...
Original post by Lemons1990
Hey there,

This is going to sound harsh and I'm sure you really won't want to hear this- but I was in the exact same place just this past year, but with the roles reversed: Drop her and put yourself first. I'm sure she is a fantastic girl, but the longer this goes on- the more it will hurt you.

She isn't going to change her mind- and you will hold on to false hope thinking that maybe one day she will just take a chance on you.You could treat her like a queen, but you honestly deserve to be with someone who wants to actually be with you.Someone who will see the beauty that you posses. I put said guy on a pedestal because I thought he was the bees knees- but I was blind sighted because I was so in love with him and the way he treated me just got silly. I chalk it up to experience and a testament to youth. I was young and I put up with settling for less than I deserved and he just played with my emotions. It got to this ridiculous point were we agreed to be FWB- 4 days later he got angry at me for flirting with him. I was a willing participant , but I was worth more than just being a F**k buddy. He would never see me as GF material when i honestly cared about him .

Don't do a straight freeze out, message her back- but be honest with her- tell her that you can't carry on like this anymore.You just need space and time to get her out of your head and you hope that she will understand. It's not because you don't care- but right now you can't be around her.

Then stop talking to her. Next will come the huge wave of sadness that you will need to work through. You will feel a huge loss because you have been so close to her and you will get through it. Will it hurt? Yes. Will you be tempted to cave in in the middle of the night? Yes. But you have to distract yourself fill in those hour gaps- find out stuff you like. Read books, join the gym. Listen to heartbreak songs- because it kinda is like a break up even though you never dated. You will meet someone else and when you do it will literally be out of nowhere. Here if you want to talk.

Well I lasted like 1 day without talking to her but I ended the conversation shortly after. I told her that I don't care for her as much as I did before and that I don't need to talk to her everyday... It feels so weird, for the last year or so we have been talking all the time and I know i'm going to miss it but i'm holding onto a lost cause.

Her reply to me saying that was "Okay I understand so is that a good thing? xx" so yeah a lost cause I think...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending