The Student Room Group

Architecture 2016 Entry Applications and Offers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1480
Anyone off to Newcastle?
Original post by bad@$$
Any fellow people going to Bath??

But it looks like im currently going to be homeless XD
Is anyone firming Cardiff for architecture?? if yes, is there a sort of facebook group chat or something.. cause i have so many questions to ask.
Original post by akeakeake
Is anyone firming Cardiff for architecture?? if yes, is there a sort of facebook group chat or something.. cause i have so many questions to ask.

I've accepted Cardiff for architecture and yes we do have a group chat :smile: I can add you if you want
Original post by Pedr0
I've accepted Cardiff for architecture and yes we do have a group chat :smile: I can add you if you want

Yes, Pedro, can you please add me there. That would be great.
Hi guys this is a 2017/18 applicant here, I just want to ask was your task from UCL required to just use black pencil/pen/ink or colours? Bc for mine the didn't specify :/ thank you!!!
Original post by czhang1998
Hi guys this is a 2017/18 applicant here, I just want to ask was your task from UCL required to just use black pencil/pen/ink or colours? Bc for mine the didn't specify :/ thank you!!!

Have you received an email already? I sent my application off yesterday
Yeah I sent mine off on Monday and got the email on Tuesday
Original post by TSRMatt
Have you received an email already? I sent my application off yesterday
Reply 1488
Hi guys, I'd greatly appreciate your help! How many weeks did Cardiff give you for sending them your portfolio? xx
Reply 1489
Original post by mh10
Hey everyone! I've got offers from Queens Belfast and UCL so far, I received my task from UCL around a month after sending off my UCAS form and was invited to interview about 10 days later. It then took around 2 weeks before they sent me an offer, my UCL interview was utterly bizarre and I was just wondering if anyone on here had also had an equally weird experience at a UCL interview this year!!!

hey! i just received an email from UCL saying i have to give in six drawings relating to space, object or place, and i have no idea as to what to draw. would they mind people within the drawing? or just spacial drawings? thank you!
Original post by JasRS
hey! i just received an email from UCL saying i have to give in six drawings relating to space, object or place, and i have no idea as to what to draw. would they mind people within the drawing? or just spacial drawings? thank you!

Are you in the right thread?
Reply 1491
Original post by thewinelake
Are you in the right thread?

yes, i thought that by asking people who are in uni doing architecture, they could give me some guidance on what i should include in my portfolio, and what do draw in the UCL UCAS task :smile:
Original post by JasRS
yes, i thought that by asking people who are in uni doing architecture, they could give me some guidance on what i should include in my portfolio, and what do draw in the UCL UCAS task :smile:

Clever! ;-)
Reply 1493
Original post by mh10
Thank you! Well my interview was bizarre because I pretty much was not asked any questions…… I was only really asked one question about my EPQ, which I wrote on the topic of architectures influence on behaviour and the lady interviewing me cut me off after about a sentence with saying "okay that's fine". My interview only lasted around 10 minutes and a lot of that time was filled by the interviewer telling me about her past jobs. She looked through my portfolio very quickly as well, turning the pages before I had a chance to begin speaking about my work. I thought the lack of questions was a sign she didn't like me but thank goodness that wasn't the case! I had my interview there on the 9th December and a day later I had my Cambridge interview which was much more that I would expect from an interview!!

Hey, Congrats. And now you're at Bartlett studying architecture right? I have got an interview to Bartlett this year and been requested to write an extra PS. It would great if you could tell me a little about studying at Bartlett. Cheers
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi, I know it was a while ago but I also want to study architecture but I don't have any sort of art subject. I was wondering if you had anybody question your lack to arts at interview and whether you think it was a massive disadvantage. I wanna apply to Cambridge as well so that's what i'm most concerned about! thank you :smile:
Original post by Grewsters
A thread for potential architecture students to discuss applications, offers, universities applied to and when you heard from them.
I've applied to Cambridge (Pembroke), Bath, Cardiff, Sheffield and Kent (insurance) with A*A*A in physics, biology and maths respectively.
Anyone else??...

Hi, I know it was a while ago but I also want to study architecture but I don't have any sort of art subject. I was wondering if you had anybody question your lack to arts at interview and whether you think it was a massive disadvantage. I wanna apply to Cambridge as well so that's what i'm most concerned about! thank you :smile:
Original post by skyefrail

Hi, Art related subjects are necessary olny because they help you build a portfolio. If you can assemble a stellar portfolio without taking art, then they shouldn't question your decision. But regardless, you should enroll at evening drawing/painting/ceramics/sculpture/textile classes. Show them a wide range of media, possibly including 3D works. (Bear in mind that others may come from art oriented schools.)

However, ask admission tutors on the matter. They gladly reply, whether you send them an email or ask them on TSR (there's an ask a cambridge at thread rn too but you can also contact them in a pm).

Btw, we have both a Cambridge thread and an Architecture thread for the '18 entry, feel free to join!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending