The Student Room Group

Friend is seriously starting to creep me out

Friend completely creeps me out I feel really mean writing this but a friend of mine really creeps me out and makes me feel uncomfortable. When we first met he was absolutely lovely to me and couldn't do enough for me/ was actually flirty which everyone noticed but that only lasted about three days. At university lectures and seminars he's actually friendly and chats to me all the time but he will never be alone with me and is really silent when we are together. If we all meet up as a group he ignores me completely! He flirts with any girl he can see and looks at me as he does it and comments on how hot everyone is. Well everyone but me and I'm a reasonably attractive woman. He definetly what's me to think he's attracted to everyone but me! He won't speak to me much and if I do say hi Inorder to be civil he smiles and gives a one word answer.He's a really really nice guy and so nice at university lectures. I just don't understand. He's actually starting to creep me out. I jokingly discussed it with him once and he just walked away awkwardly.I am really dreading meeting up tonight as I know as soon as I get to the restaurant he will position himself away from me, ignore me and generally make meFeel uncomfortable by looking at me silently and deliberately flirting with everyone except me. Last time I saw him he ignored me and I decided to not make any effort to chat to him and as I was leaving he came up to me and said 'hey Sophie, please let me know if you want my advice or help on that essay you're stuck on'. I was really surprised as he seemed to dislike me and it wasn't said in a patronising way.He likes my posts on social media and added me on Facebook so can't hate me. And yet he avoids me like the plague. He has a girlfriend who I know he's having problems with. I don't know the relevance of that. Maybe he thinks I fancy him and is trying to reject me? But I don't like him in that way and I can't imagine I have off that impression. I actually thought he was gay until he made a point of telling me he wasn't.I know you can't know what goes on in his head but what do you reckon makes him like this? So that I can help make him more uncomfortable. He seems scared and uncomfortable around me more than anything else.
He probably fancies you..
He definitely fancies you but isn't sure if you like him back so he thinks you'll see him as more desirable if he acts 'distant' now and then and tries to make you jealous
Well I wasn't expecting anyone to say he fancies me. He's literally shown no interest in me and shows no interest in meeting up with me on my own.
He seems scared of me even.

What makes you think he likes me? He acts the opposite I feel.
Original post by Anonymous
Friend completely creeps me out I feel really mean writing this but a friend of mine really creeps me out and makes me feel uncomfortable. When we first met he was absolutely lovely to me and couldn't do enough for me/ was actually flirty which everyone noticed but that only lasted about three days. At university lectures and seminars he's actually friendly and chats to me all the time but he will never be alone with me and is really silent when we are together. If we all meet up as a group he ignores me completely! He flirts with any girl he can see and looks at me as he does it and comments on how hot everyone is. Well everyone but me and I'm a reasonably attractive woman. He definetly what's me to think he's attracted to everyone but me! He won't speak to me much and if I do say hi Inorder to be civil he smiles and gives a one word answer.He's a really really nice guy and so nice at university lectures. I just don't understand. He's actually starting to creep me out. I jokingly discussed it with him once and he just walked away awkwardly.I am really dreading meeting up tonight as I know as soon as I get to the restaurant he will position himself away from me, ignore me and generally make meFeel uncomfortable by looking at me silently and deliberately flirting with everyone except me. Last time I saw him he ignored me and I decided to not make any effort to chat to him and as I was leaving he came up to me and said 'hey Sophie, please let me know if you want my advice or help on that essay you're stuck on'. I was really surprised as he seemed to dislike me and it wasn't said in a patronising way.He likes my posts on social media and added me on Facebook so can't hate me. And yet he avoids me like the plague. He has a girlfriend who I know he's having problems with. I don't know the relevance of that. Maybe he thinks I fancy him and is trying to reject me? But I don't like him in that way and I can't imagine I have off that impression. I actually thought he was gay until he made a point of telling me he wasn't.I know you can't know what goes on in his head but what do you reckon makes him like this? So that I can help make him more uncomfortable. He seems scared and uncomfortable around me more than anything else.

Sounds to me like you're a bit gutted he isn't giving you attention as he does other girls. Why are you still friends with him when he acts in this way?
Girls use the word creep to describe men too often.
Murderers, molesters and rapists creep me out, amongst other things.
Good chance he fancies you.
The alternative he is rude.

Option 1Ignore him and stop thinking about him. be polite if hes in your group of friends, but otherwise just look past him. he has a gf anyway.
Option 2 Have a word, just tell him youve felt hes been off with you and find some of his behaviour a bit disconcerting or rude. He will deny it all but at least you made him aware and it will be easier for you to move on. he might change.
Reply 7
He likes you so much that he can't handle it and feels uncomfortable in social situations with you unless he's talking to you about work. Also, he has a girlfriend.

Posted from TSR Mobile
*What makes you think he likes me?

Oh only everything written in your initial post.
He does seem to love his girlfriend though.

It could be:
1- He fancies you, not sure if you fancy him back, so he tries to show you that he's not really in love with you so as to not make himself look stupid.
2- Some idiot friend of him told him that "Ignoring girls make them fall for you".
3- He doesn't find you attractive.
4- He looks at you as his wingman/wingperson.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending