The Student Room Group

How do I know if a girl is only after my money?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Judge Judy
Wow, you must have really been hurt by women in the past
That's really disgusting that you think a woman should put out on a first date, if she's a prostitute then obviously she's going to but not most women who are not pro's.
Plus there's nothing wrong with a woman expecting a man to pay all the time as that is what real gentlemen do. My point is if this woman Stephanie thought it was wrong the man let her pay she should have told him this instead of just dumping him and not giving him a second chance as he was happy to pay it but she was dumb enough to offer first.
I would never pay half and it's an insult for a man to suggest that i do but the only reason for that is because i'm way too nice to them and men would take advantage of that. When ever i have gone on a date i never order anything expensive , i try to order the cheapest thing so they don't have to spend too much which i should not worry about trying to save them money but i do. I'm sure most women will order the most expensive food or drink on the menu and drink like a fish because they don't have to pay.
But with your attitude of paying 50/50 you carry on staying single.
And where on earth did you get the idea that it only costs £20 to pay for a woman's dinner ? you cheap skate
Only poor men who don't earn much get angry that a woman would dare expect the man to pay.
Plus not all women let the man pay, some of them ( maybe not many ) do offer to pay the full bill or 50/50
It's not the worst crime in the world that women expect men to pay.
I feel sorry for any woman that ends up with you with your anger issues and secret hatred for women
Good luck with only paying for prostitutes

Sounds like you missed the point. Why do you think guys SHOULD pay?
Original post by Abstract_Prism
Of course it's sexist. Most people nowadays recognise that as sexist, and are opposed to it.

Please stop making things up.

no they don't - I'm not making anything up. this view is extremely prevalent.
Original post by donutellme
Sounds like you missed the point. Why do you think guys SHOULD pay?

I didn't miss any point
What are you asking me this for ? You should ask to speak to the girlfriend of the man who made this thread and ask her why she thinks men should always pay
I just started off agreeing with another person about what they wrote about women and then i was telling everyone to watch a celebrity dating show because it's funny and the woman on the show thought her date should have paid and decided not to see him again but i thought she should have just spoken to him about it and given him a chance not just dump him because he did not pay.
My own personal opinion about why i don't pay has nothing to do with anyone else but i still explained my reasons for it but i'm not going to go into a full explanation as if i have to answer to all the angry men on here who are pissed that a woman would dare expect them to act like a real gentleman and pay.
Not all women expect men to pay, some do actually offer to pay half
I decide if i want to or not, No man is telling me i have to pay half for anything, that's a scumbag move
I mean it's not romantic to ask a woman on a date then say you must pay half
I didnt say women don't have to do it, it's their choice and everyone acts different
I decide if i want to or not, No man is telling me i have to pay half for anything, that's a scumbag move

hahahahaha :lol: oh my god. so it's a scumbag move to ask for equality then. right. gotcha.
Original post by sleepysnooze
hahahahaha :lol: oh my god. so it's a scumbag move to ask for equality then. right. gotcha.

A man complaining about Equality, you come across as a woman
There are thousands of men who would never dream of asking a woman to pay half because they know that's a scumbag move but some women will offer to anyway
Is that how you try to impress a woman?
Sorry to upset all the men on here that have asked their girlfriends to pay for their own date
Tell her your parents are going to cut you out of the will.
Reply 46
Original post by Anonymous
I tried that, I took her on a cruise earlier this month, we went for a week and I refused to get the Regent Suite on the cruise and she was pretty pissed off

How long have you been in a relationship with her? Did she know that you are richer from the first day you met her or found out later?
A man complaining about Equality, you come across as a woman
There are thousands of men who would never dream of asking a woman to pay half because they know that's a scumbag move but some women will offer to anyway
Is that how you try to impress a woman?
Sorry to upset all the men on here that have asked their girlfriends to pay for their own date

is that all you can ****ing say in response? that I come across as a woman for wanting merely equality? ahahahahahaha :lol: you are actually so thick, aren't you? you couldn't even come up with some half-arsed sophistry to back yourself up? instead you say "you sound like a girl" as if *you're* the one who's standing up for the ladies? you're hilariously awful at talking - you should cut back on that because it makes you sound *really* stupid...like, embarrassingly stupid.
is that all you can ****ing say in response? that I come across as a woman for wanting merely equality? ahahahahahaha :lol: you are actually so thick, aren't you? you couldn't even come up with some half-arsed sophistry to back yourself up? instead you bysay "you sound like a girl" as if *you're* the one who's standing up for the ladies? you're hilariously awful at talking - you should cut back on that because it makes you sound *really* stupid...like, embarrassingly stupid.

You're still coming across like a girl
is that all you can ****ing say in response? that I come across as a woman for wanting merely equality? ahahahahahaha :lol: you are actually so thick, aren't you? you couldn't even come up with some half-arsed sophistry to back yourself up? instead you say "you sound like a girl" as if *you're* the one who's standing up for the ladies? you're hilariously awful at talking - you should cut back on that because it makes you sound *really* stupid...like, embarrassingly stupid.

No comeback Sleepyhead ?
You're still coming across like a girl

what's wrong with girls?
No comeback Sleepyhead ?

if you want my come back you'll have to get it from your sister's stomach.
what's wrong with girls?

Again, What are you asking that for ?
Your the one that hates them rambling on about how you'd prefer to pay prostitutes
Or you think any girl/woman who expects men to pay on a date is a prostitute
if you want my come back you'll have to get it from your sister's stomach.

And that makes no sense either
Again, What are you asking that for ?

do you even remember a word you've said...? this is frankly embarrassing

Your the one that hates them rambling on about how you'd prefer to pay prostitutes

who's "them"? I'm not talking about all women. I'm talking about the tramps who expect men to pay for them for no reason. don't tell me that you're saying that basically all women would honestly demand that a man pay for their food on a date - that's horrifically chauvinistic to paint all women as cheap scroungers.

Or you think any girl/woman who expects men to pay on a date is a prostitute

yeah I do - in fact, I said "lower than a prostitute" - at least a prostitute actually does something of use
(edited 7 years ago)
And that makes no sense either

maybe you'll understand when you grow up then, champ
do you even remember a word you've said...? this is frankly embarrassing

who's "them"? I'm not talking about all women. I'm talking about the tramps who expect men to pay for them for no reason. don't tell me that you're saying that basically all women would honestly demand that a man pay for their food on a date - that's horrifically chauvinistic to paint all women as cheap scroungers.

yeah I do - in fact, I said "lower than a prostitute" - at least a prostitute actually does something of use

When did i say all women demand that men pay for them on a date?
I said some women offer to pay
And you do know that when you refer to women who expect a man to pay on a date that your referring to the girlfriend of the man who made this thread, your mother, sister, any female relatives and any female friends you have and all your ex girlfriends and any future girlfriends
Plus there's nothing wrong with being a prostitute, they have to eat too
When did i say all women demand that men pay for them on a date?

again, it's like you don't even remember what you have already told me - in factr in this very message you said that my mother, sister, the gf of the OP (etc) were within the category of "women who expect men to pay" - so if you're saying basically every female in my family then it's pretty obvious what you're trying to tell me.

I said some women offer to pay

no, they do the classic "purse grab" gesture. that's not offering ****. it barely even counts as pretending. because it's so obviously insincere.

And you do know that when you refer to women who expect a man to pay on a date that your referring to the girlfriend of the man who made this thread, your mother, sister, any female relatives and any female friends you have and all your ex girlfriends and any future girlfriends

there we go^ casual display of pure hypocrisy

Plus there's nothing wrong with being a prostitute, they have to eat too

if I said that prostitutes were better...how did you get the idea that I was saying that prostitutes were "wrong"? if you're telling me that I think prostitutes are bad (even though you obviously seem to think they are if you take this kind of offence via my comparison) then why are you saying girls in general are bad? you said "you're sounding like a girl" as if it was a blatant insult attempt
(edited 7 years ago)

Women don't expect to be paid for on a first date because they're scroungers who want to eat for free. They expect it because that's in our culture. Any man who refused to pay such an insignificant amount of money to honour the tradition is unlikely to be the kind of cool and chilled-out guy they're looking for, and obviously doesn't care that much about giving a good first impression (or else is so frugal that they care even more about saving the £10 - another unattractive trait).

Most women in my experience do offer to split the bill, I tend to refuse because I think the extra goodwill is worth the £10 (but if I thought the woman was doing it out of principle rather than guilt, I'd accept). Few women will expect to be paid for past the first few dates, when my ex and I went out we'd alternate who paid for the whole order.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lavaridge
Women don't expect to be paid for on a first date because they're scroungers who want to eat for free. They expect it because that's in our culture. Any man who refused to pay such an insignificant amount of money to honour the tradition is unlikely to be the kind of cool and chilled-out guy they're looking for, and obviously doesn't care that much about giving a good first impression (or else is so frugal that they care even more about saving the £10 - another unattractive trait).

Most women in my experience do offer to split the bill, I tend to refuse because I think the extra goodwill is worth the £10 (but if I thought the woman was doing it out of principle rather than guilt, I'd accept). Few women will expect to be paid for past the first few dates, when my ex and I went out we'd alternate who paid for the whole order.

**** traditions - if a woman is going to enforce a ******** sexist tradition on me then I want nothing to do with her

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending