Strong motivation

He needs valance imo
Original post by trapking
i'm kinda at the point where i just dont care about my degree anymore :frown:

bare stress.

drop out
Original post by Dirtybit
drop out

with 1 year left of getting a masters....

no way bruhh
What did people get for the pentagon question?
Original post by Eduard-Student
What did people get for the pentagon question?

Strong thread awareness.

It was an inside job btw
i'm kinda at the point where i just dont care about my degree anymore :frown:

bare stress.

I gave up on my degree by final year. Barely attended seminars, essays done last minute, working through exams. Still scraped through in the end, no idea how.

Posted from TSR Mobile
with 1 year left of getting a masters....

no way bruhh

Wait, you're at Uni?

This changes everything and makes everything very unclear
Original post by sr90
I gave up on my degree by final year. Barely attended seminars, essays done last minute, working through exams. Still scraped through in the end, no idea how.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What degree did you do? I hope I can pass mine too :colondollar:

Original post by zKlown
Wait, you're at Uni?

This changes everything and makes everything very unclear

Yes I'm at university.

Hahaha why?
@trapking only make moves when your heart's in it
Original post by swirly
@trapking only make moves when your heart's in it

do you read books? If so...what kind?
do you read books? If so...what kind?

48 Laws of Power, Mastery, Mein Kampf, The Rational Male, Rich Dad Poor Dad.

They're all a load of ******** really. If you have to read it, you won't apply it naturally, and those that do apply the principles naturally, don't need to read a book to learn about them.

It's like I said in the Manchester United thread: if you had it, you wouldnt know what to do with it, but you dont have it, so dont sweat it.
Original post by swirly
48 Laws of Power, Mastery, Mein Kampf, The Rational Male, Rich Dad Poor Dad.

They're all a load of ******** really. If you have to read it, you won't apply it naturally, and those that do apply the principles naturally, don't need to read a book to learn about them.

Elegant taste. Haven't read 48 laws of power & Rich Dad Poor Dad yet though but they are on my list.

I disagree with your point though...."No one is an island". It's all about cutting your learning curve to save time and effort. Learning through peoples mistakes will only make it easier for you to succeed faster. Of course though the key emphasis here is application of the knowledge....knowledge on it's own is useless if you don't practise and apply it. It's the application that produces a result.

I recommend these:

Awaken the Giant within - A. Robbins
Change Your Thinking, Change your life - B.Tracy
The 4 hour work week- T.Ferris
Elegant taste. Haven't read 48 laws of power & Rich Dad Poor Dad yet though but they are on my list.

I disagree with your point though...."No one is an island". It's all about cutting your learning curve to save time and effort. Learning through peoples mistakes will only make it easier for you to succeed faster. Of course though the key emphasis here is application of the knowledge....knowledge on it's own is useless if you don't practise and apply it. It's the application that produces a result.

I recommend these:

Awaken the Giant within - A. Robbins
Change Your Thinking, Change your life - B.Tracy
The 4 hour work week- T.Ferris

Disagree still, it's like Dale Carnegie's How To Win Friends And Influence People- if you have to learn stuff like that from a book, you're always going to be at a disadvantage from those who wouldn't even think to learn something like that from a book because it comes so naturally. Interesting reads nonetheless.
Original post by swirly
Disagree still, it's like Dale Carnegie's How To Win Friends And Influence People- if you have to learn stuff like that from a book, you're always going to be at a disadvantage from those who wouldn't even think to learn something like that from a book because it comes so naturally. Interesting reads nonetheless.

....but obviously before reading the information you're already going to have some skill in that area just you won't be as efficient in doing it...which goes back to what I'm saying about learning curves. It is for this reason why you see almost every successful person has had multiple mentors....they help you cut that learning curve otherwise you will waste a lot of time learning the hard way and realise you could have saved time had someone introduced the idea to you at first.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by zKlown
She's ok, wouldn't say no

Bit too excitable for my liking, couldn't take more than 10 minutes alone with her.

She's cute for sure
What degree did you do? I hope I can pass mine too :colondollar:

I studied History. Think I was just suffering from education burnout to be honest, in hindsight I should have taken a year off between my 2nd year and 3rd year in order to completely refresh myself. I used to work (as in employment, not study) so much even though I didn't particularly need the money, which in hindsight was utterly stupid.
Could use a 2nd opinion on this btw.

So I had a final stage interview on Monday for a pretty decent position, everything went well, got told they really liked me/my experience and they'd have a decision for me on Friday (today). Today i've been told they're looking at me and someone else to see who fits into which team better, as they think i'm a better fit for one team, and they'll have a final update with offers on Monday morning.

Does it sound like i'm in? I feel confident (ish), especially with the word "offers".
Original post by sr90
Could use a 2nd opinion on this btw.

So I had a final stage interview on Monday for a pretty decent position, everything went well, got told they really liked me/my experience and they'd have a decision for me on Friday (today). Today i've been told they're looking at me and someone else to see who fits into which team better, as they think i'm a better fit for one team, and they'll have a final update with offers on Monday morning.

Does it sound like i'm in? I feel confident (ish), especially with the word "offers".

sounds like you both got it! Congrats.

Latest