The Student Room Group

does this girl like my best friend?

I fancy this girl a little, but I think she may like my friend. They both live near each other and walk the same way (they dont know each other that much). Today I joined them as I was going to my friends house.

When leaving the building, my friend wrapped himself up in his coat and scarf. She went and said a joke "someone is cold"

later walking up I was just talking, She says to me "(insert my name), you talk a lot" I said "should we all walk in silence" she says "yes".

2 min later she breaks the silence by talking about something she has seen. My friend starts talking a bit more, and gets me involved too. All of us then talk about exams and group work

My friend cross the road, and the girl keeps going. I say "see you later" she must of heard me, but she didnt say anything".

my best friend is usually talkative but he kept quiet so I had chance to talk to her. I feel a little jealous but I can never hate my best friend even if she does like him, so tell me the truth.
Original post by Anonymous
I fancy this girl a little, but I think she may like my friend. They both live near each other and walk the same way (they dont know each other that much). Today I joined them as I was going to my friends house.

When leaving the building, my friend wrapped himself up in his coat and scarf. She went and said a joke "someone is cold"

later walking up I was just talking, She says to me "(insert my name), you talk a lot" I said "should we all walk in silence" she says "yes".

2 min later she breaks the silence by talking about something she has seen. My friend starts talking a bit more, and gets me involved too. All of us then talk about exams and group work

My friend cross the road, and the girl keeps going. I say "see you later" she must of heard me, but she didnt say anything".

my best friend is usually talkative but he kept quiet so I had chance to talk to her. I feel a little jealous but I can never hate my best friend even if she does like him, so tell me the truth.

:s-smilie: she seems a bit weird tbh and didn't give you anything 'back' at all. I wouldn't say give up but if it carries on like that then there's no point.

To me there's not a huge amount of signs there pointing towards her liking your best friend though, yes she does give him more attention than you but..
Reply 2
She probably likes neither of you.
Original post by chikane

Seconded.
Reply 4
Original post by SeanFM
:s-smilie: she seems a bit weird tbh and didn't give you anything 'back' at all. I wouldn't say give up but if it carries on like that then there's no point.

To me there's not a huge amount of signs there pointing towards her liking your best friend though, yes she does give him more attention than you but..

Yeah she does give him a lot of attention, but that could mean anything. He is a talkative person, so he will always get attention.

She didn't ask him any direct questions today on the walk back. And she did ask me some.

One thing I forgot. Once there were four of us sat in a room. My friend left for some reason without saying anything. And the other girl went too. So me and her in the room. She gets up and goes to the other side. She does talk to me and we talk about uni stuff. My friend comes back, he doesn't say anything. And 1 min later she comes back to the table, and asks him "where did you go" and "you look angry".

I just text my friend and asked him if the girl said hello to him before the lesson? He said "not really, she looked and smiled, she might have done the same to you?"
However she didn't.

I think your right, I'm going to try and get her one on one and try again. If nothing happens I'll just move on, we can't win them all.
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah she does give him a lot of attention, but that could mean anything. He is a talkative person, so he will always get attention.

She didn't ask him any direct questions today on the walk back. And she did ask me some.

One thing I forgot. Once there were four of us sat in a room. My friend left for some reason without saying anything. And the other girl went too. So me and her in the room. She gets up and goes to the other side. She does talk to me and we talk about uni stuff. My friend comes back, he doesn't say anything. And 1 min later she comes back to the table, and asks him "where did you go" and "you look angry".

I just text my friend and asked him if the girl said hello to him before the lesson? He said "not really, she looked and smiled, she might have done the same to you?"
However she didn't.

I think your right, I'm going to try and get her one on one and try again. If nothing happens I'll just move on, we can't win them all.

Fair play mate, good on you for having the confidence and honestly, been there, if you pursue someone and get little/nothing out of it then you have to move on quite quickly, I don't think she's worth having as a friend from what you're desribing.
Reply 6
Original post by chikane

hope so

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending