The Student Room Group

Removing a UCAS choice

Hi there ^^

I applied for two courses at the same university, one as a main and the other as an insurance option. I got an offer on my main one but not the insurance one so I want to withdraw the second one. There are three options for withdrawing, two of them won't let you do it and the third says 'I no longer want to apply to this university and course'. I still want to apply to the university, but not the course! Can I do it with that option? I can't accept my offer until I get all of them so its easiest to just remove the second choice.

Thanks,
Beka
Original post by MacBeka
Hi there ^^

I applied for two courses at the same university, one as a main and the other as an insurance option. I got an offer on my main one but not the insurance one so I want to withdraw the second one. There are three options for withdrawing, two of them won't let you do it and the third says 'I no longer want to apply to this university and course'. I still want to apply to the university, but not the course! Can I do it with that option? I can't accept my offer until I get all of them so its easiest to just remove the second choice.

Thanks,
Beka

You shouldn't be accepting any offers on Track until April at the earliest - there's no advantage to officially accepting an offer early. It just gives you fewer options should anything change your preferences or circumstances in the next 6 months.

If you really want to withdraw from one of your choices then call UCAS or phone the university. But if your main choice has a conditional offer then it may well be worth waiting for your other choice to respond so that you can have an insurance if you don't do as well as hoped in your exams.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending