The Student Room Group

I have feelings for a muslim girl.

I've met this girl at uni who I really like and she likes me as well, only problem is that she is muslim. She says she can't do anything before marriage so I don't want to pursue anything but I still have feelings for her and really like her. She told me that she would like to just be friends but I don't think we should as I have feelings for her. Any advice on what to do?

Scroll to see replies

unless she has feelings for you I don't think it's gonna happen sorry
(edited 7 years ago)
I don't really think you guys can be friends either btw
Ate you Muslim also ? Or ?
Original post by Anonymous
Ar e you Muslim also ? Or ?

* correction
Reply 5
Original post by BellyButton Face
I don't really think you guys can be friends either btw

Why?
Reply 6
* correction

No, catholic. Not really practising though
The best thing to do would be to speak to her about this and ask her what her views are. Every muslim has different views so you never know she might still be willing to be with you without you needing to convert. None of us here can predict what her decision would likely be. Discuss this with her and tell her exactly how you feel and I agree you can't be just friends with someone you have feelings for. It's never a good idea. I know this from first hand experience
Original post by tammie123
The best thing to do would be to speak to her about this and ask her what her views are. Every muslim has different views so you never know she might still be willing to be with you without you needing to convert. None of us here can predict what her decision would likely be. Discuss this with her and tell her exactly how you feel and I agree you can't be just friends with someone you have feelings for. It's never a good idea. I know this from first hand experience

Prsom
Reply 9

Yeah, i mean i'm only 18 so not looking for marriage or anything just yet but she's pretty adamant that she won't do anything before marriage, even though she likes me
Yeah, i mean i'm only 18 so not looking for marriage or anything just yet but she's pretty adamant that she won't do anything before marriage, even though she likes me

Oh right I see well there is the option of dating but without any of the physical stuff, is that something you'd consider?
Oh right I see well there is the option of dating but without any of the physical stuff, is that something you'd consider?

Really don't think i could do it
Really don't think i could do it

Then I think the best option would be to stop being friends. Once feelings are involved I don't think a girl and guy can be friends to be honest. Things end up getting really messy
Then I think the best option would be to stop being friends. Once feelings are involved I don't think a girl and guy can be friends to be honest. Things end up getting really messy

I get what you mean, thanks x
I get what you mean, thanks x

no problem :h:
We couldn't be lovers so we decided to be nothing at all
Original post by trustmeimlying1

What do you mean? I didn't understand that
Original post by trustmeimlying1

What a poetic quote

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blackdiamond97
What a poetic quote

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rep me tightarse.

And to OP there's always another girl.
How about focusing your attention on women that like you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending