The Student Room Group

Chemical Engineering Applicants - 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lai812matthew
the o & g sector is in crisis atm for everyone who wants to earn money

Whaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!!!i wanted to go into o&g. Ah well, pharmeceuticals will be alright. Might go into finance for a bit, make some dolla.
Original post by Lola247
Congratulations! I was thinking of putting Surrey as my firm and Lancaster as my insurance ? But I'm also casually waiting to hear back from Loughborough 🙃. I heard that the Lancaster course only got accredited last year or so ? But it's also higher in the League tables on average????
Thanks!

Congrats to you aswell :biggrin: i think its definitely wise to wait til you hear back from all your choices! I'm not sure how trustworthy league tables are, if you can do visit the universities, like Surrey's applicant day, did you get invited?
Original post by Khanman123
Whaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!!!i wanted to go into o&g. Ah well, pharmeceuticals will be alright. Might go into finance for a bit, make some dolla.

Unsure if trolling. If you just want to earn money, this isn't the course for you. I just started working in biopharm and earn £23k/year just for a bit of insight.
Reply 763
Original post by anoushab
Congrats to you aswell :biggrin: i think its definitely wise to wait til you hear back from all your choices! I'm not sure how trustworthy league tables are, if you can do visit the universities, like Surrey's applicant day, did you get invited?
Thank you! Yeah I'm going for the one in December, did you? Can I ask where else you applied to?
Original post by Lola247
Thank you! Yeah I'm going for the one in December, did you? Can I ask where else you applied to?

of course, I applied to bath and nottingham for chemical engineering and nottingham again but with a foundation year just in case :wink: I also got invited to the december one but im not sure if I can make it, if I do see you there! where else did you apply
Original post by ChemEngGrad
Unsure if trolling. If you just want to earn money, this isn't the course for you. I just started working in biopharm and earn £23k/year just for a bit of insight.

Congrats on getting the job! :biggrin:

Nah, im not trolling. But money is an important part of it. I wouldnt have applied for it if was just for money.comgrats,23k aint too shabby for a grad job.

What uni did you go?
Original post by APersonYo
Do Loughborough interview all applicants?

Nope i got an offer but no interview
Does anyone know how much the personal statement plays a role in a chemeng application if youre only applying for unis that your pred grades meet or exceed their expectations? I already have A*A in maths and chem and am currently doing further maths where Im predicted A and really want to get an offer from Bath, but I am thinking my ps is relatively weak compared to other people...
Original post by pusha a
Does anyone know how much the personal statement plays a role in a chemeng application if youre only applying for unis that your pred grades meet or exceed their expectations? I already have A*A in maths and chem and am currently doing further maths where Im predicted A and really want to get an offer from Bath, but I am thinking my ps is relatively weak compared to other people...

Yeah, cant help u here, im in the same boat. My PS is weak but im predicted A*A*A in maths,chem and fmaths.i literally just checked my email and imperial rejected me, but dont really care that much cos id rather go bath.
Original post by Adnanchakra
Nope i got an offer but no interview

really? i thought they interviewed all applicants, that's what i read on their website. Could i ask what your studying for As and what your predicted grades are?
Yeah, cant help u here, im in the same boat. My PS is weak but im predicted A*A*A in maths,chem and fmaths.i literally just checked my email and imperial rejected me, but dont really care that much cos id rather go bath.

Lol you were literally me a year ago. Imp rejected me which was expected but got the offer from bath in the end but missed out on that A in further maths hence why im reapplying this year and retaking lol. I got my bath offer quite late though (march) so hold tight!
Original post by pusha a
Lol you were literally me a year ago. Imp rejected me which was expected but got the offer from bath in the end but missed out on that A in further maths hence why im reapplying this year and retaking lol. I got my bath offer quite late though (march) so hold tight!

Yh the guy on here with 4 A* prediction heard back from bath in march too. Link up wiv me when we're both ballin at bath( aslong as ur not a bad gimp lol).
Reply 774

When did you send off your UCAS if you don't mind me asking? Your predictions are good enough for either Imperial or Bath
Original post by Nc1999
When did you send off your UCAS if you don't mind me asking? Your predictions are good enough for either Imperial or Bath

I sent mine off on the 15 th of oct, i applied to cambridge ( just for bants), so i had to send it in early
Original post by pusha a

almost zero
Original post by Nc1999

chem eng department might be tightening things up cause there are too much students like me who is crappy that got in. plus a lot of colleges give lenient predicted grades (like i did). offer normally would be 2A*2A/3A*A or 3A*/2A*A with the last one being unlikely. (i got the first offer)
Reply 778
Original post by lai812matthew
chem eng department might be tightening things up cause there are too much students like me who is crappy that got in. plus a lot of colleges give lenient predicted grades (like i did). offer normally would be 2A*2A/3A*A or 3A*/2A*A with the last one being unlikely. (i got the first offer)

Highly doubt you're crappy if you got in! It's just worrying bc I haven't got A2 or AS Physics. I'm doing Maths, Chemistry, Biology and picked up AS F maths (A*A*AA). Are the people on your course ridiculously clever? And how many don't have physics ? lmao
Has anyone had an interview or offer from Loughborough, if so how did it go and what questions do they ask?

Quick Reply

Latest