The Student Room Group

What is the nicest compliment you've ever received?

As the title says. What's the nicest compliment you've ever received and who said it to you?

For me it was when my crush said I was such a good brother to her. Don't you think it's a lovely thing to say? :h:

Discuss.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by UWS
As the title says. What's the nicest compliment you've ever received and who said it to you?

Discuss.

"Nice calculator you got there"

Spoiler

Damn shawty got a fatty

:blushing:
We had this fair about a month ago. Some random lady just approached me. And she was like I know this might sound a bit awkward but my husband and I find you the most handsome boy in the whole city. It was really awkward
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
"Wow! That's so big and impressive!"

Spoiler

"I have no idea what the others are talking about; you're not THAT ugly geez."
Reply 6
"you're funny and sensible, I'm sure you'll make a girl happy one day."

Spoiler

'You're gorgeous' :love:

Spoiler

u cut the challah so nicely...

thanks random old person :biggrin:
Hmm this is a really difficult question to answer but probably when I first made friends with an old friend of mine, she told me how great my personality is and that I was a really humble person. Idk, but that just made me happy and it stuck with me.
Anything to do with how I look. I mean I've had other compliments, but we like in a shallow world, so those stuck to me the most :
It wasn't said to me but it was about me: my PhD supervisor told one of my best friends that I write better first drafts of work than she (supervisor) does :lolwut: :confused: :dontknow: :eek: :headfire:

Bear in mind that my supervisor is a Professor, so a fully-fledged academic, and is a good 15-17 years older than me! I was just like WOW when I heard what she'd said :redface:

Good thing she didn't say it to me though, I probs would have been too stunned and said something ungracious/ungrateful like U WOT M8??!!

:redface:
"Wow you can take a punch"
Original post by UWS

Discuss.

"We think you've worked really hard and tried your best, but it just seems as if you're not getting and understanding the material. We think it'd be best if you spent your time elsewhere instead of physics."

in other words

"You suck, stop doing physics you're wasting your time."

Both my physics teachers and every other physics teacher my physics teacher talked to.
Compliments about my makeup and outfit :redface:
"I wish more guys were like you"
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
It wasn't said to me but it was about me: my PhD supervisor told one of my best friends that I write better first drafts of work than she (supervisor) does :lolwut: :confused: :dontknow: :eek: :headfire:

Bear in mind that my supervisor is a Professor, so a fully-fledged academic, and is a good 15-17 years older than me! I was just like WOW when I heard what she'd said :redface:

Good thing she didn't say it to me though, I probs would have been too stunned and said something ungracious/ungrateful like U WOT M8??!!

You should be very proud of that :smile:

I think for me most recently when a customer told me that I'd handled the customers complaint who was in front of them brilliantly, considering I used to really struggle with confrontation, I was very pleased someone had noticed how well I was handling it.
Reply 17
Original post by ReallyWigga
"Nice calculator you got there"

That's a good sine.

Original post by S27
"Wow! That's so big and impressive!"

Spoiler

My keyboard isn't as big as yours tbh.

Original post by BefuddledPenguin
"I have no idea what the others are talking about; you're not THAT ugly geez."

Bittersweet moment.

Original post by ie135
"you're funny and sensible, I'm sure you'll make a girl happy one day."

Motherzoned.

Original post by Reachin4TheStars
'You're gorgeous' :love:

Spoiler

Who? :mmm:

Original post by homeland.lsw
u cut the challah so nicely...

thanks random old person :biggrin:

I don't know what that is but it sounds cool.

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

Wow that's pretty incredible :biggrin:

Original post by spanker
"Wow you can take a punch"

Was it a fruit punch?
Original post by UWS

it's the bread jews eat at sabbath
Original post by UWS
That's a good sine.

My keyboard isn't as big as yours tbh.

Bittersweet moment.

Motherzoned.

Who? :mmm:

Wow that's pretty incredible :biggrin:

Was it a fruit punch?

Lol Motherzoned!:h: How do you even think of all this

Quick Reply

Latest