The Student Room Group

I'm 16 years old- guy- high pitched voice, need advice :(

Hello everyone so as you saw from the title, im 16 years old and a guy with a high pitched voice.....and its making me really insecure :frown: I'm really nervous to talk in my A level lessons and talk quietly. all through year 10 and 11 all the guys bullied me as my voice is different :frown: it's making me really sad, I just want to be normal and want to know if my voice is going to destroy my future? like will anyone like me or anything? thank you :smile:

And please don't laugh, keep it to yourself.
As stupid as it sounds, don't give a **** about the haters. I have the same problem, but I just don't care about what everyone else thinks. The way you talk is yours and you should embrace it.
Reply 2
Original post by WTFlourine
As stupid as it sounds, don't give a **** about the haters. I have the same problem, but I just don't care about what everyone else thinks. The way you talk is yours and you should embrace it.

I do try to man, it's just real difficult to ignore them. I just wanna fit in with everyone else. At least we can be brothers haha.
Reply 3
scream for an hour every day? :/
Reply 4
Original post by elekro
scream for an hour every day? :/

Please don't be clever, I don't need it right now buddy.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Please don't be clever, I don't need it right now buddy.

I was just hoping to make you smile even a little.

Don't worry about it, haters gonna hate whatever the case. You'll grow up, your voice will deepen. You're too young to worry about this now. It'll pass. Trust me. Just focus on your studies, get a great job, become the bullies' boss and see who'll be laughing then. And I can reassure you that your voice will not destroy your future. People are different. I had a guy in my primary school who got a really deep manly voice aged 11. He was bullied for that. I had spots, people made fun of me I hated my life. I grew up, acne went away, now I regret feeling so bad about it. Just accept the present and make the best out of what you have. Don't focus on what you don't like about you. Come on, cheer up! I'm sure you're a great person. Keep your chin up.
Reply 6
Original post by elekro
I was just hoping to make you smile even a little.

Don't worry about it, haters gonna hate whatever the case. You'll grow up, your voice will deepen. You're too young to worry about this now. It'll pass. Trust me. Just focus on your studies, get a great job, become the bullies' boss and see who'll be laughing then. And I can reassure you that your voice will not destroy your future. People are different. I had a guy in my primary school who got a really deep manly voice aged 11. He was bullied for that. I had spots, people made fun of me I hated my life. I grew up, acne went away, now I regret feeling so bad about it. Just accept the present and make the best out of what you have. Don't focus on what you don't like about you. Come on, cheer up! I'm sure you're a great person. Keep your chin up.

Thanks for the motivation man! :smile: sorry to start accusing you, I'm just sensitive on this topic aha. Anyway cheers for making me feel not so bad, I appreciate it!

And btw, I could scream for an hour, but the house would probably fall down :wink:
Reply 7
Thanks for the motivation man! :smile: sorry to start accusing you, I'm just sensitive on this topic aha. Anyway cheers for making me feel not so bad, I appreciate it!

And btw, I could scream for an hour, but the house would probably fall down :wink:

Haha no worries my intentions are easily misunderstood. :P

oh yeah forgot to say, just get used to the fact that for now your voice is high pitched and make jokes about it. you'll feel much better. I used to be very insecure every time I got menstruation spots, due to the school experience, but then I started giving them names, like mount etna, vesuvius etc. Like you did just now with the house and the screaming. In greek it's called self-sarcasm, and it's really respected to be able to do that because you show that you are self aware, yet confident in yourself.
Reply 8
Original post by elekro
Haha no worries my intentions are easily misunderstood.

oh yeah forgot to say, just get used to the fact that for now your voice is high pitched and make jokes about it. you'll feel much better. I used to be very insecure every time I got menstruation spots, due to the school experience, but then I started giving them names, like mount etna, vesuvius etc. Like you did just now with the house and the screaming. In greek it's called self-sarcasm, and it's really respected to be able to do that because you show that you are self aware, yet confident in yourself.

That sounds like a fun idea to do, naming them :biggrin: I honestly don't get why people get all funny if someone if different. it isn't their fault :angry:
Reply 9
That sounds like a fun idea to do, naming them :biggrin: I honestly don't get why people get all funny if someone if different. it isn't their fault :angry:

yep, I think it's disgusting to make fun of something that's not someone's fault/ choice/ etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending