The Student Room Group

When to find University accommodation

Hi, I am a first-year university student and I am having issues finding people to get accommodation with. I have plenty of friends from societies, but most of them seem to have arrangements with flatmates and people off of their course (or at least it would seem, whether it crumbles or not remains to be seen). I haven't really got any friends off my course and from my accommodation. So I have a bit of a problem finding roommates, and I really really don't want to go for randoms.

Am I worrying a bit early on or is it urgent I do something?
bump
bump. I seriously need an answer.
Reply 3
Original post by TercioOfParma
Hi, I am a first-year university student and I am having issues finding people to get accommodation with. I have plenty of friends from societies, but most of them seem to have arrangements with flatmates and people off of their course (or at least it would seem, whether it crumbles or not remains to be seen). I haven't really got any friends off my course and from my accommodation. So I have a bit of a problem finding roommates, and I really really don't want to go for randoms.

Am I worrying a bit early on or is it urgent I do something?

As early as possible if you want a good house/flat. All my friends already found a house and housemates, so I have to find new housemates too (currently a first year, but sharing a house).

Are their any Facebook pages for you university or student accommodation pages for the city? Most students advertise there when it comes for looking for new housemates if they have a few extra spaces (it's how I found my current ones, since I got rejected for uni accommodation).
Original post by kkboyk
As early as possible if you want a good house/flat. All my friends already found a house and housemates, so I have to find new housemates too (currently a first year, but sharing a house).

Are their any Facebook pages for you university or student accommodation pages for the city? Most students advertise there when it comes for looking for new housemates if they have a few extra spaces (it's how I found my current ones, since I got rejected for uni accommodation).

Not sure, probably. I don't want to go with randoms
Reply 5
Original post by TercioOfParma
Not sure, probably. I don't want to go with randoms

You can always befriend them before moving in and then change your mind.
Original post by kkboyk
You can always befriend them before moving in and then change your mind.

Yeah. The thing is that I'd rather choose who I live with.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending