The Student Room Group

Should Parliament be moved to Sheffield.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RedManc
Parliament should move to Sheffield because Sheffield is in the centre of the Universe.

Sheffield is not only the best city in the universe but the best piece of land anyone could ever stand on. God is from Sheffield... and the Arctic Monkeys
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
Sheffield is not only the best city in the universe but the best piece of land anyone could ever stand on. God is from Sheffield... and the Arctic Monkeys

*London is :u:
Reply 42
Ngl I thought this was another Tingtox thread.

@Nirvana1989-1994
Original post by UWS
Ngl I thought this was another Tingtox thread.

@Nirvana1989-1994

Me too. :rofl:
Reply 44
Original post by Jee1
Oh god no. Sheffield is a **** hole don't bother m8.

Depends on where you live. Sheffield is a big place.
Original post by RedManc
Parliament should move to Sheffield because Sheffield is in the centre of the Universe.

Could go with Sheffield. :yep:

York would be nicer though, or Chester, or Leamington, or Newbury, or Tewkesbury, or Worcester, or Skipton, or Lancaster... in fact, just about anywhere....
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Me too. :rofl:

Clear!

Btw I support this Sheffield venture

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wolfmoon88
Clear!

Btw I support this Sheffield venture

Posted from TSR Mobile

Done. :smile:

Good. :h:
Reply 48
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Could go with Sheffield. :yep:

York would be nicer though, or Chester, or Leamington, or Newbury, or Tewkesbury, or Worcester, or Skipton, or Lancaster... in fact, just about anywhere....

York would be good
Original post by RedManc
York would be good

It's been seriously discussed in the past, particularly when it became known that Parliament was going to have to relocate for some years whilst very expensive repairs are carried out to the ludicrous gothic pseudo-castle that is the current seat of parliament in Britain, complete with its chronically inadequate facilities for MPs, a chamber that is much too small for even a fair number of them to sit in and horribly antiquated and opaque rules and rituals.

High time for a new parliament located outside London with a new, purpose-built structure and modernised rules.
Reply 50
Original post by Fullofsurprises
It's been seriously discussed in the past, particularly when it became known that Parliament was going to have to relocate for some years whilst very expensive repairs are carried out to the ludicrous gothic pseudo-castle that is the current seat of parliament in Britain, complete with its chronically inadequate facilities for MPs, a chamber that is much too small for even a fair number of them to sit in and horribly antiquated and opaque rules and rituals.

High time for a new parliament located outside London with a new, purpose-built structure and modernised rules.

I 100% agree
Original post by RedManc
York would be good

Don't you dare sully my hometown with that traveling circus.

However...

There are plenty of old RAF airfields with unused hangars - thanks to the various defence cuts all parties have been responsible for - that are big enough for a debating chamber or three.

While there the MPs can live in the houses that they deem suitable for our armed forces.
They can eat in the messes that they deem suitable for the armed forces.

They'll be secure - all airfields are relatively remote by design - and have plenty of fresh air.

It's a win/win for everyone.
Reply 52
Original post by Drewski
Don't you dare sully my hometown with that traveling circus.

However...

There are plenty of old RAF airfields with unused hangars - thanks to the various defence cuts all parties have been responsible for - that are big enough for a debating chamber or three.

While there the MPs can live in the houses that they deem suitable for our armed forces.
They can eat in the messes that they deem suitable for the armed forces.

They'll be secure - all airfields are relatively remote by design - and have plenty of fresh air.

It's a win/win for everyone.

York would be a good third choice. After Sheffield and Manchester.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending