The Student Room Group

Adult nursing March 2017 Sheffield Hallam

Hi
I have an unconditional offer for the above course. I'm hoping to find other students who will be starting in March😊

Scroll to see replies

Hey!
I've applied too however I haven't heard anything back yet and my UCAS states that my application is being processed but hasn't been updated since 10th December. Most of my friends applying for the same course have received interviews and I haven't so i'm feeling quite anxious...
How long did it take them to reply to you?:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by sarahprescott31
Hey!
I've applied too however I haven't heard anything back yet and my UCAS states that my application is being processed but hasn't been updated since 10th December. Most of my friends applying for the same course have received interviews and I haven't so i'm feeling quite anxious...
How long did it take them to reply to you?:smile:

Hi😊 I think it took about a month or so before I received an invitation to a selection event. Have you received confirmation from sheffield Hallam?
Why don't you ring nursing admissions? They will tell you if they've received your application and whether you've been shortlisted. They're really friendly and helpful😊
It's horrible waiting isn't it😩
Reply 3
Original post by Lisad1232
Hi
I have an unconditional offer for the above course. I'm hoping to find other students who will be starting in March😊

How was the interview? How did you prepare for it? What sort of stuff did you research? I am panicking as i have interviews coming up but i don't really know how to start preparing for them
I received a confirmation email from them saying they had received my application and are currently processing it and it had my SHU student ID number on, but other than that I haven't heard anything. I will call them tomorrow and ask, thank you for the help! I know haha I'm just anxious because others seem to be getting interviews and I'm not yet haha!!
Thanks again, and congratulations on your unconditional offer that's so great😁
Reply 5
Original post by Zee99
How was the interview? How did you prepare for it? What sort of stuff did you research? I am panicking as i have interviews coming up but i don't really know how to start preparing for them

Hi 👋
Don't panic, just be yourself and try and get your reasons for wanting to do nursing across. I researched the 6 c's (although I wasn't asked about this). I was asked about current issues within the NHS, so you could choose a current topic to research.
The interview at Sheffield Hallam was so relaxed and really nothing to worry about. They just want to know that you're determined and passionate about the role.
Good luck 😊
Reply 6
Original post by sarahprescott31
I received a confirmation email from them saying they had received my application and are currently processing it and it had my SHU student ID number on, but other than that I haven't heard anything. I will call them tomorrow and ask, thank you for the help! I know haha I'm just anxious because others seem to be getting interviews and I'm not yet haha!!
Thanks again, and congratulations on your unconditional offer that's so great😁

Aww thanks 😊
If you ring and give them your student number they will check for you.
Good luck 😊
Let me know if you get a place, it would be nice to get to know others on the course
Reply 7
Hi 👋
Don't panic, just be yourself and try and get your reasons for wanting to do nursing across. I researched the 6 c's (although I wasn't asked about this). I was asked about current issues within the NHS, so you could choose a current topic to research.
The interview at Sheffield Hallam was so relaxed and really nothing to worry about. They just want to know that you're determined and passionate about the role.
Good luck 😊

Thanks that has kind of reduced my stress level. Did you have to do a english and maths test before doing the interview, and how long did the interview last?
Reply 8
Original post by Zee99
Thanks that has kind of reduced my stress level. Did you have to do a english and maths test before doing the interview, and how long did the interview last?

There wasn't a literacy or numeracy test, there was a group activity though. Just make sure you participate as much as possible and remember to consider other people's ideas too.
All in all I think I was there about three hours. The biggest chunk of that was the presentation given by the staff. The actual 1:1 interview lasted about 10 minutes. Honestly nothing to worry about!
When is your interview?
Reply 9
There wasn't a literacy or numeracy test, there was a group activity though. Just make sure you participate as much as possible and remember to consider other people's ideas too.
All in all I think I was there about three hours. The biggest chunk of that was the presentation given by the staff. The actual 1:1 interview lasted about 10 minutes. Honestly nothing to worry about!
When is your interview?

They still haven't gotten back to me yet, how long did they get back to you since you send your application?
Aww thanks 😊
If you ring and give them your student number they will check for you.
Good luck 😊
Let me know if you get a place, it would be nice to get to know others on the course

I literally just received an email for an interview I'm so happy now haha and thank you!!
I'll post as soon as I find out the outcomes :-) good luck to Zee99 too!
Reply 11
Original post by Zee99
They still haven't gotten back to me yet, how long did they get back to you since you send your application?

It took about a month or so i think
Have you applied for September intake of nursing ?
Reply 13
Original post by Charlottejenna
Have you applied for September intake of nursing ?

Hi
No, March 😊
Hi
No, March 😊

What was your interview like? I have mine next week and I'm panicking lol do they still have the maths and English test ?
Reply 15
What was your interview like? I have mine next week and I'm panicking lol do they still have the maths and English test ?

No maths or English tests😊
It's really relaxed and the staff are really friendly😊
If you look on their website, you will find a breakdown of the selection event. Good luck😊
No maths or English tests😊
It's really relaxed and the staff are really friendly😊
If you look on their website, you will find a breakdown of the selection event. Good luck😊

Thank you so much for your help, I have my interview on Wednesday. I have a conditional for derby at chesterfield but Sheffield Hallam is my first choice!!!
Reply 17
Thank you so much for your help, I have my interview on Wednesday. I have a conditional for derby at chesterfield but Sheffield Hallam is my first choice!!![/
Good luck!! Keep me posted!
Are you going for the September start?
[QUOTE="Lisad1232;69930958"]
Thank you so much for your help, I have my interview on Wednesday. I have a conditional for derby at chesterfield but Sheffield Hallam is my first choice!!![/
Good luck!! Keep me posted!
Are you going for the September start?

Thank you !!! Yeah September start cos I'm doing access and gcse English at the min.
Reply 19
Hey,
I'm starting adult nursing in March at Hallam too! :smile:. Have you had an email for when you're supposed to enrol?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending