The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Ash8991
Women with short hair are sexy af

Out of interest do you like about it, since biologically hair is long, to signal health to the opposite sex etc
Reply 21
I personally love long hair on a girl :love:
Reply 22
I assume most prefer long hair
Well the pic of her with long hair is quite bad imo so that probably had more to do with it than the actual length of hair itself. To me, it varies from person to person but the vast majority of lasses I know look much better with it their hair longer.

Preferences generally are hugely variable so it'd be bad to generalise all men as a group. Short haired gals can find interested blokes just as easy as anybody else.
Original post by indigofox
Out of interest do you like about it, since biologically hair is long, to signal health to the opposite sex etc

I think it might be to do with the "rebellious" vibe women with short hair give off. It's almost as if they're going against social custom ("Women = long hair") just so they can look the way they want to look and truly be themselves
Reply 25
Some girls look better with certain hair styles, but generally longer hair is best.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Viva Emptiness
I was expecting a dirndl tbh.

surprisingly hard to find a suitable Rapunzel + Dirndl combo....

http://images.halloweencostumes.com/products/14309/1-1/womens-disney-rapunzel-costume.jpg
For me, a girl has to have long hair... I personally like playing with it, I don't want her to look like a guy with short hair. I think long hair is sexy and girly...
It's difficult to discribe but I wouldn't date a girl with short hair ...
My current girlfriend has been rocking very long hair (like the girl from Photo 1 from here)
Original post by mirrightf
For me, a girl has to have long hair... I personally like playing with it, I don't want her to look like a guy with short hair. I think long hair is sexy and girly...
It's difficult to discribe but I wouldn't date a girl with short hair ...
My current girlfriend has been rocking very long hair (like the girl from Photo 1 from here)

I know veryfew girls who look like guys with short hair. Long hair takes up time and can be uncomfortable. Id consider having long hair for a guy if he didnt mind styling it everyday for me.
Long, it's more feminine. Short hair makes a woman look more masculine, which is not what our biology wants.
Reply 32
Couldn't give a shiny, glittery shite.
Original post by Thomazo
Long, it's more feminine. Short hair makes a woman look more masculine, which is not what our biology wants.

How come guys refer to 'biology' when thinking of the opposite sex. When girls are asked questions on what they like I never notice them refer to this bioology malarky. If people want to talk about biology well biologically both sexes have long hair. Biologically women dont have skirts or high heels. Hair length is a social construct (men used to have long hair and womenshort), its not biology.
Her short hair pictures are better, this is left-wing propaganda.
I cut my hair short because long hair is a hassle. And I disagree that long hair makes you look more 'feminine' :s-smilie:
Long hair doesn't make guys look more feminine (often the reverse), so why should short hair on us women be such a big deal? It doesn't detract from femininity.
Each to their own ! Not everyone is the same
Nope not a myth imo.
Original post by Anonymous
How come guys refer to 'biology' when thinking of the opposite sex. When girls are asked questions on what they like I never notice them refer to this bioology malarky. If people want to talk about biology well biologically both sexes have long hair. Biologically women dont have skirts or high heels. Hair length is a social construct (men used to have long hair and womenshort), its not biology.

"[--]

However, this preference for long hair goes beyond social or cultural expectations for women's beauty. Research has demonstrated that there is an evolutionary reason for men to prefer long hair to short hair on women. According to evolutionary theory, features considered attractive by the opposite sex serve as indicators of reproductive fitness. Experiments and observations have demonstrated that a woman's hair plays a major role in how men rate a woman's attractiveness. The quality and length of hair serves as a marker of genetic strength and overall health. Several studies have demonstrated that men find women with medium-length to long hair more attractive than shorter haired counterparts. Men also rate longer haired women as healthier and fitter than shorterhaired women."

http://www.hairfinder.com/tips/men_prefer_long_hair.htm

To a degree, we are slaves of our biology. Of course we don't think that way or ralise it all the time, but things such as attraction is something that is controlled by our hormones.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending