The Student Room Group

Applying late (to one course)

hello,

I am thinking of making a late application to one course.

Here are my concerns:

That it doesn't get seen and I get rejected
--Can I reapply for it or do I have to wait until closing/clearing
----Will I be able to apply through clearing? because i have already applied and been rejected

•Is it worth contacting the uni and asking whether it is worth putting in a late application.

•How will interviews work for late applications?

thank you
Original post by redfoot
hello,

Here are my concerns:

----Will I be able to apply through clearing? because i have already applied and been rejected

•Is it worth contacting the uni and asking whether it is worth putting in a late application.

thank you

Ask them first whether they are still accepting applications

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by redfoot
hello,

Here are my concerns:

thank you

Simply call the university first. If the course is still available your application won't be ignored.

If the course tyically requires an interview then that can still be arranged. Many people who applied before the 15th Jan are still awaiting interviews.
Reply 3
Original post by jneill
Simply call the university first. If the course is still available your application won't be ignored.

If the course tyically requires an interview then that can still be arranged. Many people who applied before the 15th Jan are still awaiting interviews.

I called them and the admissions office just said it will be a late application and may not be seen
Reply 4
Original post by redfoot
I called them and the admissions office just said it will be a late application and may not be seen

You called them in the last 9 minutes?
Reply 5
Original post by jneill
You called them in the last 9 minutes?

no earlier today
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
For sure put in an application now. They just have no obligation to look at it, but they might if they have places left for you. One Uni I was looking at took applications all the way into Jan. I would do it if I was you, there may not even be a chance it'll get to clearing. Good luck!
Reply 7
Original post by redfoot
no earlier today

Why did you ask in your post if you should call them then?

Anyway, apply.

If this your only course on your UCAS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by jneill
Why did you ask in your post if you should call them then?

Anyway, apply.

If this your only course on your UCAS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I only asked them how I could apply, I haven't asked about the process or the likelihood it would be seen and such. I'm asking here just incase someone had in the same predicament I am in.
Reply 9
Original post by augustvv
For sure put in an application now. They just have no obligation to look at it, but they might if they have places left for you. One Uni I was looking at took applications all the way into Jan. I would do it if I was you, there may not even be a chance it'll get to clearing. Good luck!

Thats reassuring, thank you!
Reply 10
Original post by redfoot
I only asked them how I could apply, I haven't asked about the process or the likelihood it would be seen and such. I'm asking here just incase someone had in the same predicament I am in.

So call them back and discuss it with them. Everyone's circumstances will be different; different courses, different universities, course status will vary from year to year, etc.

Only the university can really tell you if it's worthwhile applying.

And I'll ask again, is this the only course on your UCAS application?

Also, do you have a referee (and their reference) and a personal statement?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by jneill
So call them back and discuss it with them. Everyone's circumstances will be different; different courses, different universities, course status will vary from year to year, etc.

Only the university can really tell you if it's worthwhile applying.

And I'll ask again, is this the only course on your UCAS application?

Also, do you have a referee (and their reference) and a personal statement?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't begun a UCAS application but I have got a referee and half a personal statement

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending