The Student Room Group

Share your driving test experience

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rexar
I sure am! 😊 Only thing is now is that I can actually drive now, cars I got nothing to drive in XD (I was able to drive more before I passed my test) 😆

Aw bless, hopefully you'll find something soon :biggrin:!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
Original post by ohhello92x
Aw bless, hopefully you'll find something soon :biggrin:!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, fingers crossed 🙂
Driving test instructor stunk of cigarettes and was a complete tosser. Can you tell I failed? :h:
Reply 43
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Driving test instructor stunk of cigarettes and was a complete tosser. Can you tell I failed? :h:

Ahaha XD 🙂 Good luck for your next one!
Reply 44

I did mine in Sheffield too, where about a did you do it?
I passed both the theory and practical first time (albeit the practical only yesterday - and with four entirely avoidable, silly minors). The theory is just a matter of learning the questions, no two ways around it. However, the practical test itself isn't as much a thing to be feared for it's 'difficulty', moreso for merely how well you cope under examination pressure. Once you've been driving for a solid number of hours and are comfortable with driving and the manoeuvres (I took 28 hours of lessons, for reference), it's no different to a driving lesson, just with some other bloke (or woman) sitting in the passenger seat. Just ensure you're calm and the test will, metaphorically, take itself. I'm sure your test will be great!
Reply 46
Original post by Dr Carlsberg
I passed both the theory and practical first time (albeit the practical only yesterday - and with four entirely avoidable, silly minors). The theory is just a matter of learning the questions, no two ways around it. However, the practical test itself isn't as much a thing to be feared for it's 'difficulty', moreso for merely how well you cope under examination pressure. Once you've been driving for a solid number of hours and are comfortable with driving and the manoeuvres (I took 28 hours of lessons, for reference), it's no different to a driving lesson, just with some other bloke (or woman) sitting in the passenger seat. Just ensure you're calm and the test will, metaphorically, take itself. I'm sure your test will be great!

Thanks for the reply! 😊 My driving test was yesterday and it went really well (2 minors). I managed to keep my nerve for most of it which helped me through it
Original post by Rexar
Ahaha XD 🙂 Good luck for your next one!

Original post by Rexar
I did mine in Sheffield too, where about a did you do it?

Thanks. :smile:

Handsworth.
Original post by Rexar
Thanks, fingers crossed 🙂

🙂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Thanks. :smile:

Handsworth.

Hey, me too!!! 😀
Original post by Rexar
Hey, me too!!! 😀

How did it go? :smile:
Reply 51
How did it go? :smile:

Went very well thanks! I passed with 2 minors 😊
Original post by Rexar

Congratulations! :smile: :hugs:
Original post by Rexar

Well done! Congrats! :hugs:
Reply 54
Congratulations! :smile: :hugs:

Thanks allot! 😄😊
Reply 55
Original post by Spock's Socks
Well done! Congrats! :hugs:

Thanks! 😁🤗
Original post by Rexar
Thanks allot! 😄😊

All good. :smile:
Just got in from my second fail :frown: Some of the things they fail you on.... makes you want to run them over as they leave your car! re booked for a different test center 1 hour away.
Reply 58
Original post by starnsboy
Just got in from my second fail :frown: Some of the things they fail you on.... makes you want to run them over as they leave your car! re booked for a different test center 1 hour away.

Aww thats a shame 😔 But dont worry im sure you will do great in your next test! 😊 Good luck!
Failed twice and passed third time (JUST). Basically long story short is I drove on my test how I drive today, and that is NOT what you want to do, and that's the reason I failed. Nearly failed the third time because of a pigeon.. Yes, a pigeon. It was just chillin in the middle of the road in my lane and I thought it would move like any other pigeon but no this stubborn ******* just stood there and I was to stop otherwise I'd run it over.

Now driving for 2 years with 2 years no claims. So yeah f*** you DVLA I drive fine and shouldn't of failed twice.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending