The Student Room Group

I've lost my friend because of a love spell

I'm new on here and need advice :frown:.

Since I was in the second year of A-levels, I've really liked this boy that went to my sixth form, and I was elated when we went to the same university as I thought it would help us get closer. The problem is that despite us being quite friendly, he's never really seen me in a romantic way.

About a couple of weeks into the first year (we're now in second year), he started going out with this girl on my course who is really good looking, intelligent, funny, charismatic, and considerate. They're really happy together and are now celebrating their 18 month anniversary. Things came to a head the other week when I'd been chatting with him, and we started to talk about deep things and I started to realise I'm actually in love with him, and was happy to break up his relationship if it meant I could have him.

I looked on some websites and found some love spells and some testimonials of some people who swore by them. I found a really good one where I could buy a potion for £50, and I would receive an instruction book, and the spell I would have to chant. Anyway, I paid for it, coupled with £10 to have it delivered by courier. The spell was a lot simpler than I thought it would be. I just had to heat up this mixture on the stove (it seemed like salt water tbh) and add some herbs, and say the spell as I was stirring it. Nothing seemed to happen at the time, and it was a bit anti-climatic really, but the spell said it takes a few days to work.

On Facebook though he posted a status that said 'Josh is pissed off' the DAY AFTER I cast the spell, and I started to worry because I thought the spell was working, and I didn't want to break up his relationship after I'd fully considered what I'd done in casting the spell. So I phoned him and asked him if he was OK, but I noticed that he seemed to be a bit romantically detached which was surprising. We chatted for a bit though, and I suppose I was getting more and more desperate to hear him tell me his feelings (despite me wanting to let him down), and I ended up saying 'Josh don't you feel any different towards me?' and he was a bit like 'pardon?' and I got upset because of how my hopes were starting to fade, and then I became angry and ended up telling him how I felt and how I'd spent £60 and cast a spell on him so he'd dump his girlfriend and fall in love with me. He seemed a bit perplexed as I was telling him, but I realised his girlfriend was there and she made him hang up on me, and asked me what the **** my problem was.

To make matters worse, I've since found out his Facebook status, Josh is pissed off, was just because his 5-a-side football had been cancelled that evening after he'd cancelled other arrangements for it. I don't know how I should handle this. They obviously don't want to talk to me anymore, but I can't lose him.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Where's Movli ji when you need him?
Reply 2
'Love spells' are purely superstitious and it was kind of pointless to waste £60 on it in the first place...
If this is legit you are crazy, why would you ever do witchcraft? Ask God for forgiveness or you shall perish.
Oh my that was rollercoaster
Wtf
No offence but you're either a troll or you have some serious problems. You're not a ****ing wizard.
interesting read, you should write a book
Reply 8
I came here for advice, not criticism.
Original post by ilari
I'm new on here and need advice :frown:.

Since I was in the second year of A-levels, I've really liked this boy that went to my sixth form, and I was elated when we went to the same university as I thought it would help us get closer. The problem is that despite us being quite friendly, he's never really seen me in a romantic way.

About a couple of weeks into the first year (we're now in second year), he started going out with this girl on my course who is really good looking, intelligent, funny, charismatic, and considerate. They're really happy together and are now celebrating their 18 month anniversary. Things came to a head the other week when I'd been chatting with him, and we started to talk about deep things and I started to realise I'm actually in love with him, and was happy to break up his relationship if it meant I could have him.

I looked on some websites and found some love spells and some testimonials of some people who swore by them. I found a really good one where I could buy a potion for £50, and I would receive an instruction book, and the spell I would have to chant. Anyway, I paid for it, coupled with £10 to have it delivered by courier. The spell was a lot simpler than I thought it would be. I just had to heat up this mixture on the stove (it seemed like salt water tbh) and add some herbs, and say the spell as I was stirring it. Nothing seemed to happen at the time, and it was a bit anti-climatic really, but the spell said it takes a few days to work.

On Facebook though he posted a status that said 'Josh is pissed off' the DAY AFTER I cast the spell, and I started to worry because I thought the spell was working, and I didn't want to break up his relationship after I'd fully considered what I'd done in casting the spell. So I phoned him and asked him if he was OK, but I noticed that he seemed to be a bit romantically detached which was surprising. We chatted for a bit though, and I suppose I was getting more and more desperate to hear him tell me his feelings (despite me wanting to let him down), and I ended up saying 'Josh don't you feel any different towards me?' and he was a bit like 'pardon?' and I got upset because of how my hopes were starting to fade, and then I became angry and ended up telling him how I felt and how I'd spent £60 and cast a spell on him so he'd dump his girlfriend and fall in love with me. He seemed a bit perplexed as I was telling him, but I realised his girlfriend was there and she made him hang up on me, and asked me what the **** my problem was.

To make matters worse, I've since found out his Facebook status, Josh is pissed off, was just because his 5-a-side football had been cancelled that evening after he'd cancelled other arrangements for it. I don't know how I should handle this. They obviously don't want to talk to me anymore, but I can't lose him.

Hahahahahaha

Sorry, I needed to get that out of the system, not being a **** or anything.

Love potion tho...?

ROFL
(edited 7 years ago)
well
Where did you buy it? asking for a friend
That definitely didn't go the way I thought it would.
lool wtf did I just read? this is some funny ass ****. if your really serious then I suggest you go see a psychologist asap. you ain't normal fam 😂😂
Reply 14
Hah, I tried a spell on a (single) guy before. It was free, but didn't work out anyway :frown:. I had to make him drink it so I made a muffin and told my friend who was his friend too to give it to him. Not sure if he ate it, but he fell for her instead of me :s-smilie:
Disappointing...
Is this real life? Looks like unis are accepting absolute dumb ****s these days.
Turn up on his door drunk and just pretend you're an alcoholic, if he's a true friend he'll start attending alcoholics anonymous meetings with you and eventually fall in love.
You are genuinely crazy..

But as for genuine advice...Let them go. They've been together for going on two years and are clearly happy together. You've shown absolutely no regard for either one of their feelings. Also did you learn nothing from Aladdin...
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Nulliverse
Is this real life? Looks like unis are accepting absolute dumb ****s these days.

She said shes A levels student lol
why not do a death spell on his gf instead? pm me for details

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending