The Student Room Group

Forced to go to a local uni, abused and coerced. Runaway?

My parents are very culturally driven and backwards, they are forcing me to go to a local uni even tho i have an offer from MMU. I hate the idea of living at home as i have no freedom, i just revently got a phone at 17, and they go through it, i cannot describe with words how hurt and depressed i am living at home. i wake up everyday knowing my whole daily routine thats how dead it is. They dont like the idea of me going out doing my things and partying n stuff. Iv fighted for my voice but in the process endured violence, emotional and verbal abuse.

They are so desperate to control me that they said go through clearing and find a local course even id it is cleaning toilets lol i wanna kill myself .

But there is no way im staying local, im a party animal and cannot be caged, serious note tho i dont just wanna get off my tits evry night, i wanna have the fr. eedom to stay revising in the library in my zone til 2AM jus cos i can. u know, jus feel like an adult and hold value in the world. Not go through a whole visa application to go to a mates 20th party in pizza hut with a tag and curfew at 8pm
Tell your college?
Reply 2
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Tell your college?

Yeah but i dont want my parents to find out im thinking about my options, its like "my way or highway". I dont wanna compromise my situation anymore, like i enjoy living lol. Plus they`d just say talk to your parents, they dont listen thats the problem,
Original post by Pengers12345
My parents are very culturally driven and backwards, they are forcing me to go to a local uni even tho i have an offer from MMU. I hate the idea of living at home as i have no freedom, i just revently got a phone at 17, and they go through it, i cannot describe with words how hurt and depressed i am living at home. i wake up everyday knowing my whole daily routine thats how dead it is. They dont like the idea of me going out doing my things and partying n stuff. Iv fighted for my voice but in the process endured violence, emotional and verbal abuse.

They are so desperate to control me that they said go through clearing and find a local course even id it is cleaning toilets lol i wanna kill myself .

But there is no way im staying local, im a party animal and cannot be caged, serious note tho i dont just wanna get off my tits evry night, i wanna have the fr. eedom to stay revising in the library in my zone til 2AM jus cos i can. u know, jus feel like an adult and hold value in the world. Not go through a whole visa application to go to a mates 20th party in pizza hut with a tag and curfew at 8pm

I'm cwl sorry :toofunny: :toofunny:

For real though, if you're 18 and over you're legally an adult and you are entitled to do whatever the hell you want. Why do your parents worry about letting you go away?
Reply 4
Basically they`ve always been controlling, everything iv done. They dont care how i old i am, i think its partially cultural that they force me to stay. Im really pissed off now n feelin this whole "18 years old-my life". I just need a plan n im off lmao.
Basically they`ve always been controlling, everything iv done. They dont care how i old i am, i think its partially cultural that they force me to stay. Im really pissed off now n feelin this whole "18 years old-my life". I just need a plan n im off lmao.

There's no need to runaway. Show your parents that you are capable of being an adult independently then they might be more inclined to let you move away for university. Reassure them that you will still do well in your studies, maybe get a part time job to get some financial independence?

If your parents are trying to enforce this by refusing to help you move, plan a journey with friends to help to move everything and then maybe get a job or something so you don't have to ask them for money
Reply 7
I have done exactly that, i got a job to show that i can stand on my own two feet. But they went and started taking my money off me. At one point i was left with £9 a week. I agree with the study part but i dont think they like the idea of independence. Thaks for advice tho x
Reply 8
Original post by Kravence
If your parents are trying to enforce this by refusing to help you move, plan a journey with friends to help to move everything and then maybe get a job or something so you don't have to ask them for money

M8 this is eaxctly what im thinking of doing because life at uni and home is dead af. i can provide for myself, and loans exist. But im holding back cos there might be stuff i need them fore i.e. student finance and ****...
sex sex sex sex sex sex
Original post by dark_matter10199
sex sex sex sex sex sex

that exactly what i plan on doin in uni..if i can go!

Ay, listen I don't mean to jump to conclusions. But are you coming from a Muslim culture?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by theonecenter
Ay, listen I don't mean to jump to conclusions. But are you coming from a Muslim culture?

Posted from TSR Mobile

is it that obvious lol. But yh i think its more a culture thing tho, cos lots of muslims travel but the south asian culture is summat else if ygm
is it that obvious lol. But yh i think its more a culture thing tho, cos lots of muslims travel but the south asian culture is summat else if ygm

I related because I am Muslim haha. Whereabouts are you from? They do a very good job of locking down on us and making sure we dont do what we want. It's just something we grow accustomed to. And we have to find our ways around it.
I'm staying local too, but I've vowed to move out straight aftdd

Posted from TSR Mobile
Moved to Friends, Family and Work
Reply 15
Could you move out if you were able to financially support yourself?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending