The Student Room Group

Help with finding a good University

I am currently doing my A2s in Bangladesh (a small country located south-east of India) and will be finished in November of 2017. After that I want to continue my further education abroad in a more well known country.
Before going any further, I just wanna tell that I am not a top student, neither a student is in the mid range. I am more of a 'bad student' my As grades are pathetic. I have 3 Ds. Living in a economically poor country, my parents didn't let me sit for retakes, and so I have to live with these results. I am studying hard to maybe slightly increase my grades to maybe even a C, but I know it'll be tough.
So with that said, will I be able to get into any university in the UK? I am not looking for any top order University in the Ivy league, just a normal one.

Also, I have heard of foundation courses, but do not have enough idea about it. Will anyone please explain the concept of the foundation courses?

Original post by Stick Man 7
:smile:

you could almost certainly get in somewhere, but if financial circumstance meant that you couldn't retake your AS levels, I'm bound to wonder whether it is going to be practical to take on the fees and living costs of stuying in the UK. And as well whether this would be sensible at a university that will offer limited brand value to take home.

I see that there are in Bangladesh 8 centers through which you can study for (follow the hyperlink) a degree awarded by the University of London:

London College of Legal Studies (South)
Bangladesh Affiliate Centre

BAC International Limited
Bangladesh Registered Centre

Bhuiyan Academy Ltd.

British School of Law

Cambridge Business & Law Academy

Dhaka Centre for Law and Economics

London College of Legal Studies North (Gulshan)

Nottingham Law Academy
Bangladesh
Original post by Stick Man 7
I am currently doing my A2s in Bangladesh (a small country located south-east of India) and will be finished in November of 2017. After that I want to continue my further education abroad in a more well known country.
Before going any further, I just wanna tell that I am not a top student, neither a student is in the mid range. I am more of a 'bad student' my As grades are pathetic. I have 3 Ds. Living in a economically poor country, my parents didn't let me sit for retakes, and so I have to live with these results. I am studying hard to maybe slightly increase my grades to maybe even a C, but I know it'll be tough.
So with that said, will I be able to get into any university in the UK? I am not looking for any top order University in the Ivy league, just a normal one.

Also, I have heard of foundation courses, but do not have enough idea about it. Will anyone please explain the concept of the foundation courses?

Hi Stick Man 7,

We offer various programmes at foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate level that you can study either independently or at a teaching institution near you (we have quite a few in Bangladesh), and receive a University of London award. This may be a more cost-effective way to receive a highly regarded University of London degree.

Here you will find a list of the programmes that we offer: http://www.londoninternational.ac.uk/courses/search/?solrsort=sort_title%20asc

Here you will find the teaching institutions near you so that you can check with them which of our programmes they offer that may be of interest to you: https://apps.londoninternational.ac.uk/onlinesearch/search.do

Otherwise, we offer a Foundation Programme that has been designed to provide students with the skills and knowledge to prepare you for rigorous undergraduate study. The programme is equivalent in standard to qualifications studied in year 13 in a UK school (e.g. ‘A’ levels). This would be a good option for you, as it can broaden your options in terms of which Universities you could apply to. Please see the programme and its requirements here: http://www.londoninternational.ac.uk/courses/foundation/uol-international-programmes/international-foundation-programme

You are welcome to ask further questions, we are happy to help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending