The Student Room Group

What's a shallow reason you wouldn't date someone?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Seriously? :colonhash:

They can't help it, I think you are scared of their complexity.
Original post by Anonymous
They can't help it, I think you are scared of their complexity.

Not even close to the reason why.

Plus, every single human being on this earth is 'complex'.
Original post by Fermion12
You can't get the "perfect mate" in this world there is always going to be a minor
fault in you're partner so don't expect her to fully resemble you're conditions :smile:.

A minor fault such as that? ^
if her hair was blonde :shoot:
cant be dealing with two blonde ppl
They confuse venomous with poisonous, or rock with metal (the music that is) :angry:
Not even close to the reason why.

Plus, every single human being on this earth is 'complex'.

I didn't say they weren't, but I think sociopaths have high than average complexity look at Charles Manson for example.

Go on then, what is the reason why?
Reply 86
Original post by cbreef
A minor fault such as that? ^

To be fair the thread does ask for shallow reasons so people are being shallow :tongue:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by mali473
*nobody's

Grammar nazi. I like it.
I always notice people's mistakes but I rarely point them out. :biggrin:

If I didn't like their friends.

If they were financially irresponsible.

If their entire wardrobe was literally just track suits yet they never exercised in them.

I'd date someone who was a bit overweight, but if they're obese it's almost certainly a no. I'm simply not attracted to that, and it would be unfair of me to try to change them, it's on them. Not me.

I actually struggled to think of them, took me a good 5 minutes. :lol:
Reply 89
I mean doesn't care about politics because 'Everything is always the same anyway'.

Lol, which ones do you take particular issue with?

I don't have particular issue with any of them, but personally I don't see a guy [or girl] using the word as nagging as such a big deal. I seldom use the word myself, but I can't really see someone using it as being a dealbreaker.

Religion I don't see as such a dealbreaker either unless they are muslim extremist or something. Why don't you like religion?

"supreme gentleman" - I wonder what your definition of one is tbh

double standards - fair enough, although I don't think you'll find a person alive who doesn't believe in at least one double standard.

sexist - again fair enough, although you branded me as sexist before lol ...and I'm only mildly sexist imo. It's not like I believe women are mentally more incapable than men or shouldn't have the vote or shouldn't be paid equally or anything like that. I can only remember one time in my life where someone pulled me up for being sexist, and it was more a "you shouldn't say that it's not PC" comment ...than someone actually getting offended.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 90
Original post by mali473
*nobody's

:colondollar:
Someone's who's loud, shorter than me, even as little as 1 second younger than me, and someone's who's too goodlooking
If they were shorter than me and didn't speak and write English properly. I don't have time or patience to deal with 'neddy talk'.
Original post by Anonymous
I didn't say they weren't, but I think sociopaths have high than average complexity look at Charles Manson for example.

Go on then, what is the reason why?

Let's just say I've come into contact with Sociopaths before.

Original post by ANM775
I don't particular issue with any of them, but personally I don't see a guy [or girl] using the word as nagging as such a big deal. I seldom use the word myself, but I can't really see someone using it as being a dealbreaker.

Religion I don't see as such a dealbreaker either unless they are muslim extremist or something. Why don't you like religion?

"supreme gentleman" - I wonder what your definition of one is tbh

double standards - fair enough, although I don't think you'll find a person alive who doesn't believe in at least one double standard.

sexist - again fair enough, although you branded me as sexist before lol ...and I'm only mildly sexist imo. It's not like I believe women are mentally more incapable than men or shouldn't have the vote or shouldn't be paid equally or anything like that. I can only remember one time in my life where someone pulled me up for being sexist, and it was more a "you shouldn't say that it's not PC" comment ...than someone actually getting offended.

I won't be 'turned off' by them just saying it. It's more them saying it all the time-just when they're being lazy. Basically laziness tbh.

Having a Religiously Conservative family has kind of 'warped' my view. Plus, I can hardly stay with someone who believes a book/scroll/whatever instead of Science.

Elliott Rodger lol. Who else?

I don't, and I pride myself on that. :u:

How is that 'lol' if you basically admit to being just that. Out of interest, what did you say?
Original post by cbreef
Grammar nazi. I like it.
I always notice people's mistakes but I rarely point them out. :biggrin:

Nor do I...usually.....but I couldn't help it xD
He's not 6ft+
Doesn't have sexy facial hair
Doesn't have nice teeth lol
Isn't educated
Is polite,kind,caring
Wasn't the dominant type lol
(edited 7 years ago)
If she's not a ginger I'm not interested, although I think that's pretty reasonable and not shallow at all
Original post by ANM775
:colondollar:

We all make mistakes. We're only human after all :smile:
Elliott Rodger lol. Who else?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz5gja7XtYE
Original post by queen-bee
He's not 6ft+

Surprised this one isn't more common. They all just say "not shorter than me" which I interpret as "tall or no deal"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending